cabooses plans

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
some time back someone wanted interior layout plans for caboose
found plan but could not find post if anyone knows this thread let me know or if poster reads this let me know if you found plan.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
No plans...

But here is a picture. It is a CP "van", as they are supposed to be called in Canada. Pretty straightforward layout. Benches on each side, a wood stove, a desk, cupboards and a washroom under the cupola, and a bit of storage.

Attachments

• sfrm cp van script interior.jpg
    sfrm cp van script interior.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 55

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
And here is the outside, just so you know what I am showing you. I believe that the bay window and centre cupola cabooses had a very similar layout.

Andrew

Attachments

• sfrm cn wood van.jpg
    sfrm cn wood van.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 59

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
On the second photo, just past the stove is the cupola area. You may be able to make out the seating area, on top of the cupboards. There were some padded cushions up there, but I forget where the legs went. There would be some sort of ladder going up.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I think you're right, billk.

Cabooses (cabeese?) had to carry a fresh water supply, especially in the climatically hot zones. You can also see the sink in front of the tank.

Ron

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
The "boxy thing" is a water tank, with a little tap that hangs over a small round sink. You can see it here in the "lightened" version of the photo.

(You can lighten a photo by cranking up the "gamma" setting in the balance control where you also set brightness and contrast).

Attachments

• sfrm cp van interior lite.jpg
    sfrm cp van interior lite.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 31

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Your feet go at the top of the ladder. In the cupola, there are two seats on each side facing each other. There are cupboards and storage areas under each seat, with the ladder up the middle.

Here is a picture looking forward from the left-rear seat in the cupola. You can see the rear facing seat, and to the right is the ladder down to the little corridor you can see past the kitchen" in the shots above.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

Attachments

• sfrm cp van script cupola view 02.jpg
    sfrm cp van script cupola view 02.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 33