CA problem

stary

I just tried to use a bottle of CA glue for first time since I bought it; a year ago. However; I found it had hardened in the bottle!!:curse:
Is there any way to salvage it, or do I have to buy a new bottle? And how can I prevent this from happening?

tverskaya

It could be that it's only partially hardened and that you still can use something of it.

My solution after once encountering a ruined bottle of CA was to buy it in small, small quantities, so the risk of having 3/4 of it going wasted is minimized. What also helps is to zealously clean the nozzle after each and every use to prevent clogging.

MCL_RDG

I've...

...been plugging up the neck of the typical tube with a small brad/nail. If we're talking about the "zap-a-gap" type containers. You know, with the long tappered neck. They usually have a second dispenser neck they give you because they know it's gonna clog. I can pull the nail out (sometimes using vice-grips) and have had a bottle around here for over a year and that still runs like water- all over my fingers and parts, tools, the workbench gumming things up nicely!

Sometimes I use a tiny tube that is sold in 3 packs. I'll toss one in a box when I'm travelling for emergency repairs or just building something away from home. They have a screw on cap and last quite a long time. There's more than enough for several jobs and if it dries up it's quite a bit less than a whole container.

That'll be $0.02 please. (Anyone notice they left the cents character of these keybirds?)

Mark:D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
They say you can store CA in the fridge without it hardening. I've never tried it. Better-Half lets me have it when I leave a half eaten sandwhich in there........What would she say about bottles of super glue?

But what would be the *sense* in having one these days.......:eek:ops:
Sorry ..............

That'll be $0.02 please. (Anyone notice they left the cents character of these keybirds?)

Mark:D[/quote]

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, I got through a whole tube of CA the other day. Usually I get to use it once or twice before it goes south on me. That's why I buy it in the smallest tubes I can find. I can get them at the 99¢ store, two or three tubes for all of 99¢.

Yeah, I guess we are missing the "¢" key, but just go to the character map and paste it on the clipboard. They're trying to phase out pennies anyway....:D