Bypass pepakura pasword file

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by lincer556, Mar 18, 2008.

1. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

hey people!! i need some help over here, i have the trouble with pepakura designer opening a file wich is password protected and i need a way to bypass it to get in on the file and make some tweaks to the model.

Or just need help about the model scale over the Pepakura viewer, to make a part per page, and not 4 or 5 per page
    Make it... bigger printed model.

Thankz!!!
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You always have the option to photoshop ^^ By all means, the designer gave the file a password for a reason, they don't want to see any changes made to their model, scaling is possibly included. (Don't look at me, I hold an open policy to this :D) So my advice would be:

1, Photoshop, or make Pepakura export to a vector format and use Illustrator.
    2, If that didn't work, try contacting the designer and see if he/she's willing to release a scale-up
    3, If that didn't work either, I know there's something called GLIntercept which captures and rips the 3D mesh displayed in Pepakura (didn't really got to use it though...), you can then go through the trouble of re-developing the mesh to your desired size. Hope that helps ;)

Anyway, I'd say bypassing the password is impossible without some ingenious software engineering and the courage to go against copyright... What I mean is... Do not do it! :D
  3. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

I like the 1st option, how i can export to a vector format? i use graphics desing things so that would help but i dont know how to export :|
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sorry to cut this short but we wont discuss bypassing password protection. The creator put it there for a reason. Your best bet would be to try and contact the designer, they are usually very helpful when asked :)
    Chris
  5. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

Ok sorry if i made a copyright violation post, but im really intrested to modify a model that comes with password, i will see what i can do, thanks anyway :)
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm with Chris, playing it safe, I'd suggest you contact the designer before doing ANYTHING... We did have incidents with designers getting absolutely p*ssed on some repaints/rescales...
  7. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

Yeah the only trouble its that the page is down since 8 months ago.. i dont know if there is a new version of the web so finding contact email will be a lot of hard :S
    Can i ask for a tutorial to the GLIntercept?? I've got installed
    but no minor idea how to use it xD

Thanks in advice ^^
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

First off... Could you let us know the (previous) web address?
  9. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

I've lost it, but was the creator of the ADF-01F Falken and the R-101 Delphinus 1 model from ace combat 3.

I think the address ends with satwo
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

11. lincer556

lincer556 Ace Combat fan

yeah but anyone knows if there's a new page from him?