bwz.39 Motorfort

Jakar Nilson

I've been trying to learn how to make models using 3D programs. In the past, I've mostly used a combination of physically playing around, math, and vector programs.

For this test, I decided to go with a completely obscure alternate history design: a Polish "motorfort" created by Scott Lynch on his now defunct website "Ghosts of the Steel Age" for the game Gear Krieg.

veh01.jpg

bwz39_part.jpg

It did end up being more complex than I thought it would be (mainly the curves), and fold-out app for Sketch-up was a bit hard to get used to (not to mention Sketch-up's rotate tool).

Z

Zathros

Everyone started somewhere and I think you have a great start here. Just keep on plugging away.Try separating some of the parts, use less folds. You will get a stronger model and one easier to design. Great job! I like it!! :)

Jakar Nilson

I already spotted some of that while I was working in Sketch-up (it certainly liked to gobble up everything). The central piece is eight objects , most on the underside. The use of paper rather than card was deliberate, since it's cheaper and disposable.