Business cards!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Apr 23, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

At the recent model show I attended several people asked me for a business card. I think this is a great idea! I am going to get these made up at vistaprint - 250 of them for 5.95 shipping. I can also drop them in the free lunch thingies when I go out to eat :) Please note that I do not have my phone number on there but it will be on there most likely (at the expense of one of the websites) or I cold drop the moderator title too I suppose but it lends a little credibility when I hand them out ;) Thought I would just run it by everyone and see if anyone had any suggestions! The number of address's is the max that can go on there unless I pay for the cards and not gonna do that! Not positive but I think if you pay for the card you can get stuff on the back too....
    Chris

[​IMG]
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

At the recent model show I attended several people asked me for a business card. I think this is a great idea! I am going to get these made up at vistaprint - 250 of them for 5.95 shipping. I can also drop them in the free lunch thingies when I go out to eat :) Please note that I do not have my phone number on there but it will be on there most likely (at the expense of one of the websites) or I cold drop the moderator title too I suppose but it lends a little credibility when I hand them out ;) Thought I would just run it by everyone and see if anyone had any suggestions! The number of address's is the max that can go on there unless I pay for the cards and not gonna do that! Not positive but I think if you pay for the card you can get stuff on the back too....
    Chris

[​IMG]
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

Nice idea, but... why not do a fiddlers green, and have a cutout on the reverse?
    Something clean and simple.
  4. Kaz

Kaz Member

Nice idea, but... why not do a fiddlers green, and have a cutout on the reverse?
    Something clean and simple.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

because it isnt free and it doesnt give a broad range of sites - mostly I like free
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

because it isnt free and it doesnt give a broad range of sites - mostly I like free
  7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Great way to have people check out the site. Might do some of my own. Great idea. If we all did one we could drop them off at different places. The nice thing is we could all print our own on CARD Stock. lol
  8. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Great way to have people check out the site. Might do some of my own. Great idea. If we all did one we could drop them off at different places. The nice thing is we could all print our own on CARD Stock. lol
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

If you use the pre-cut business cards, it's not hard to print two sided. You just design two cards, and print one on each side.

I like yours. Maybe add the actual site logo though?? And specify "No membership dues". We did business cards for the car club forum I am a member of, and we found people liked seeing the free part. They were reassured you weren't trying to sell anything, I guess
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

If you use the pre-cut business cards, it's not hard to print two sided. You just design two cards, and print one on each side.

I like yours. Maybe add the actual site logo though?? And specify "No membership dues". We did business cards for the car club forum I am a member of, and we found people liked seeing the free part. They were reassured you weren't trying to sell anything, I guess
  11. SteveM

SteveM Member

No, I think he meant, why not do like FG does and put a small simple model on the reverse of your card.
  12. SteveM

SteveM Member

No, I think he meant, why not do like FG does and put a small simple model on the reverse of your card.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Going through Vistaprint I would still have to pay for it ;) I am kinda liking the idea of making my own though, we are paper crafters after all! Maybe Phil would allow us to use one of his designs for the back of our cards. I would want permission though since it would be distributed.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Going through Vistaprint I would still have to pay for it ;) I am kinda liking the idea of making my own though, we are paper crafters after all! Maybe Phil would allow us to use one of his designs for the back of our cards. I would want permission though since it would be distributed.
  15. Kaz

Kaz Member

This is exactly what I meant, and didnt put it across too well.
    Phil has some excellent stuff that would fit onto a business card, and I honestly cant see him saying no!
  16. Kaz

Kaz Member

This is exactly what I meant, and didnt put it across too well.
    Phil has some excellent stuff that would fit onto a business card, and I honestly cant see him saying no!
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hopefully he will chime in :) I like tootsie roll man myself :D
    Chris
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hopefully he will chime in :) I like tootsie roll man myself :D
    Chris
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Phil! You out there?
  20. cgutzmer