bus wireing

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
I was doing some wireing on the layout today i ran the bus wire around the layout getting it ready for when i instal the feeders. i got all the way around the layout back to the starting point and wasent shure what to do with the end of the bus wire. do i tape them off and leave it or do i wire the + (start and end) to the power pack and have both ends have power and then do the same with the - bus wire . i am useing mrc command 2000 at this time but will upgrade to ether the Super Empire Builder or the Prodigy systim at some point maybe a year or two . the layout size is 12'x14' x3' wide and will probley see 8 locos but not all run at the same time.1 loco yard switcher, 1 loco power plant switcher, 1 loco local industral switcher, 2 locos for the local train and maybe 3 locos for a unit coal train if not all 4 of my 6axel uboats .

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
If you have gone all the way around, then you have created the maximum possible "run" for the power. You could cut the bus at a point farthest from the power source, and have it run both ways from the source. This would effectively cut the power losses by half.

Andrew

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
MasonJar said:
If you have gone all the way around, then you have created the maximum possible "run" for the power. You could cut the bus at a point farthest from the power source, and have it run both ways from the source. This would effectively cut the power losses by half.

Andrew

now thats something i would not have thought of thats a good idea thanks Andrew:thumb: