Bus Lovers Unite (those infected with the fetish join in too)

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by swampdaddy41, Apr 16, 2019.

1. swampdaddy41

swampdaddy41 New Member

For those of you in HO scale with any sort of city, you need some buses to serve citizens along with the trains. In recent years the number of good bus models in this scale has exploded. I'll show some from my collection to start things off.
    1 - 1-2 deck side view rs.jpg

Here are a pair of 1-1/2 deck units, a Mercedes Benz one on top and a Bussing unit on the bottom. Not much difference until you see the fronts.
    1 - 1-2 deck front closeup rs.jpg
    Mercedes on the left, the Bussing on the right. Here is a blank outline of a Gillig Advantage you fill in with you own paint scheme.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedonofallbuses/2913080142/in/set-72157603747203307
    Lots of sites with buses that I'll post eventually. More later on, Swamp Daddy
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:04 AM
    zathros and Revell-Fan like this.
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

Very nice! Thank you for the link! :)
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Those are some awesome buses. I'd love to convert a real one into a motor home!! :)
  4. swampdaddy41

swampdaddy41 New Member

Yep, those 1-1/2 deck buses would make an awesome motor home with an "upstairs" master bedroom. ;). Here are some of the better and more expensive models I bought a few decades back when I was still working and pulling down the big bucks; I'll never confess what I paid for these beauties.:violin::( First up is the Car Rouge or Red Car in English, a double deck long range unit with a two axle luggage trailer. Bought this one primarily for it's wonderful colors including metallic lavender, pink, carmine and some silver.
    megalinerbus 001 crs.jpg
    Passing the same AHM storefront buildings are a pair of 4-axle, double-deck Megaliners (all three buses by Rietze). To the right is a unit for the Berlin-Frankfurt Express Company and the one on the left is lettered for the Kipferel’s Risen. HO scale paper models of the "Megaliners" are available done by anime artist Sailor Moon (anime figures). I think the website is gone but as I recall the link to the bus drawings is there. Try googling it; I'll find the link eventually and post it here. megalinerbus 002 crs.jpg
    Lots and lots more at some future point.

And, here is a megasite for US paper bus models
    http://www.paperbuses.com/usa/

Add more buses to your diorama, Swamp Daddy
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 4:05 AM
    lyter1958 and Revell-Fan like this.
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

I like the car carrier trailer on that bus. i have though of making a trailer like that to carry my motorcycle, and my 1973 MG Midget, being able to ride them around once we reach a destination. :)