Burchell Industries

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
My latest creation is the Burchell Industries factory located on my MATrr.
Previously this old building was the George Bailey's Produce Company but closed years ago when Mr. Bailey passed on.
As part of the interchange agreement between Ed Burchell's Iron Ridge Railroad and my MATrr, Ed came to Maberly for an informal meeting. At that time, he saw this old vacant building and finding it at a bargain price, he purchased it and renamed it Burchell Industries.
So far there have been a nunber of deliveries to and shipments from the factory but nobody seems to know what is being produced here. Time will tell
The immediate neighbour is the Edwards Machine shop and across the tracks to the front are Templars Tombstones and Catt's Cannery. Across the tracks behind is the Anderson Coke Plant.

This model is based on a picture of a Fine Scale Miniatures kit produced by George Sellios
Ed Burchell is NARA member #25

Attachments

• eb1.jpg
    eb1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 344
Hehehe, how much did I pay for it? I LIKE IT I LIKE IT!!!!!! Another outstanding structure my friend....as usual. Did I mention that I LIKE IT????!!!!??? Here at Burchell Industries, we too do not have a clue what we produce or ship out, but I'm sure someone around here might have the answers.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Outstanding workmanship Robin my friend, I just love it. (Got to make me one of those;):cool:
Shamus

I have a suggestion Robin, I seem to remember a negotiation between the Iron Ridge and the MAT when it comes to Travis Recreational & Construction Vehicles. I think this building would make an awesome expansion of the cabinet company that brings in woods, glass, accessories, stains, and varnishes and supplies Travis with their custom cabinetry. In fact with an expansion like this, and an interchange already in place between our two railroads Burchell Industries could double it's product output, shipping out custom cabinets via Hamilton Port to other parts of the US and Canada.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Sounds good to me Ed. I remember something along those lines.
So now the mystery is solved and we know the ins and outs of the Burchell Industries plant.
Thanks to everyone else for your support. This whole scratchbuilding process is giving me a great deal of enjoyment.
Couldn't do without it now.