Burbank Beer Distributor

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
I found a picture and a scale drawing for this easy to scratch build structure on Bruce Petty’s website about his LA railroad ( Modeling a Beer Distributor ). The beer distributor will be placed on the right end of my layout, so I changed Bruce’s design of a low-relief background building by adding a wall on the left side.

miller1.jpg

miller2.jpg

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Nice model..................I can picture this setting in a Beat up old blacktop parking lot that has heaved and cracked and has pot holes filled with gravel and cracks growing weeds out of them...............6 big piles of stacked up pallets and another pile of old broken busted up palletts tossed at the property edge would be a must along with a Propane tank and a Big Ol Dumpster!!! ;)

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
I can picture this setting in a Beat up old blacktop parking lot that has heaved and cracked and has pot holes filled with gravel and cracks growing weeds out of them...............6 big piles of stacked up pallets and another pile of old broken busted up palletts tossed at the property edge would be a must along with a Propane tank and a Big Ol Dumpster
Tileguy, that comes close to the vision I have of that place. I didn’t think of a Propane tank … a good idea, I can place it behind the building :wave::wave: (helps me to cover the backdrop as well).

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Very nice! The curved roof makes it an interesting structure. I've seen a building like this along the tracks near Anoka MN so even as small as it is it is a believeable stop for a freight car.
Ralph

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Kurt:wav: , I LOVE IT!:thumb::mrgreen: , i think it will make a FANTASTIC addition to your layout:bravo: .
:deano: -Deano

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Tileguy, that comes close to the vision I have of that place. I didn’t think of a Propane tank … a good idea, I can place it behind the building (helps me to cover the backdrop as well).

You might want to try doing a 6' chainlink fence Just ahead of the backdrop some and cover it with some vines or try you hand at some Wild Morning glories like these!!

Attachments

• scenery turn 3 4.jpg
    scenery turn 3 4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Oh KURT, By the way...that fence is 3/4" away from that backdrop (just for your perspective to give you an idea of the small amount of space needed to add ALOT of depth! :)

That material I used looks ok in 3/8 scale but would be too large for HO...perhaps some type of fine filter screen material would work in HO???

Been a very long time since ive modelled in that scale ........