Bunny's TTA Space Wreck Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ARMORMAN

Hey all, this was my holiday project.

As you know, I am a big fan of the old TTA series books and just recently repurchased the last of the series.

I attached a pic of the original painting as well as pics of my build.

This model was designed by Bunny and is still available for DL from here.

I love the fact that it was designed off a single piece of art and that it uses the painting as the texture maps. I also liked the effectiveness of fold-over parts to give texture to both sides. It is relatively simple, but it suffers from the fact that the designer basically made a forced perspective model from the art.

The instructions are hand drawn, but if you use his build pics for reference, it's pretty self explanatory.

I added a lot of extras to make it more pleasing (and a bit more accurate).
This includes a control panel, backside wing, resizing the pilot to 80% original size to match the scale of the painting, seat belts and harnesses (to give a reason for a skeleton to still be sitting upright - kudos for the design, BTW) Extension parts for the cockpit area and fuselage, rusty skeletal frame, doubling the size of the base, paper claying the support for the wreck and flocking over the base as well as trimming the edge of the base to reinforce it.

I would recommend using a Prismacolor Tuscan red and medium brown marker for making of rusty pieces and edging.

All in all an enjoyable and simple (if you do it "out of the box") build.

B
:cool:

Attachments

• wrack.jpg
    wrack.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 35
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 34
  • topft.jpg
    topft.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 21
  • bktp.jpg
    bktp.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 17
  • control.jpg
    control.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 17
  • pilot.jpg
    pilot.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: lons fede
A

ARMORMAN

a few more....

Attachments

• paintcu.jpg
    paintcu.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bkft.jpg
    bkft.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ftcu.jpg
    ftcu.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 20

mysteroid

Jul 1, 2008
Hong Kong
Very Cool!

Awesome, I love it!:thumb:

Those books really absorbed a lot of my time as a kid. My brother still has the first in the series. Unfortunately the others were lost over the years.

BTW, the link is not live, just FYI.

A

ARMORMAN

Mysteroid,

Which link?

The link to the wreck on the TTA thread still works.

Bunnyear,

Aww gee, thanks!

B

Bunnyear

Mar 4, 2007
Please be my guest :mrgreen:

I have Study know all the TTA Books again and again,....there are so many good ideas for models and textures but all the Round ships,... that to build drives crazy,...:p

for example,..... i Love the Astrolab,... well lets see i have make a choice for a try :twisted:

A

ARMORMAN

Here's the pilot and instructions, I would recommend printing out extra copies of the model for modifications to the design. Also, I recommend gluing the pilot and chair to the FRONT half of the wreck as opposed to the back as shown in the instructions.

I have also added my small repro of the original art with supports to make it free standing.

Attachments

• WreckPILOTv1modw.jpg
    WreckPILOTv1modw.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 36
  • WreckPILOTv1fit.jpg
    WreckPILOTv1fit.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
  • art-pic.jpg
    art-pic.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 20
A

ARMORMAN

Terran Trade Authority

It was a series of SciFi art books produced in the late '70's based on the "history" of man's expansion into space.

A

ARMORMAN

BTW, I used the smallest of the skeletons for the pilot.

Bunnyears:

ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.