bumblebee bot build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Aug 5, 2008.

1. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Looking good Nothing. Keep it up .....
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

heres the hood and grill
    bb 002.jpg

and i put the plates on the hood
    bb 003.jpg

now at point 1 i stretched and squeezed the head light assemblies
    and glued the hood at points 2.
    bb 005.jpg
  3. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Looking great Nothing. any warnings or advice that you would give to others just starting the model? keep up the good work.
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the advice i would give is TAKE YOUR TIME! most of the sub assemblies, at least for the torso,(and there are a lot of them) dont have attachment points to speak of. i take each little section cut them out only, and spend a great deal of time examing the instruction pics and the pics at paper inside to try and cypher their placement. ive made 2 mistakes so far. 1 one headlight is upside down.(wasnt paying attention) and the other was on the neck joint. didnt understand how the joint worked at first. so i will have to figure out a didderent way to get it to move. if you run into any problems ask.
    im hoping this thread will help make clear the placement issues.
  5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hey Nothing,

All parts at the torso are 'simply applied' one over each other. You did a great job !

Thank you for making it clear to other people interested on building the Bumblebee:thumb:
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ok got the center hood on
    bb 001.jpg

and completely botched the pipes.
    bb 002.jpg
  7. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Are these parts the same from the arm parts pages, made twice for this model (once for the torso and once for the arms) or are you using the parts from the arms that should be already made. I ask as these parts are not in the Torso parts pages. A bit confused as this is where I am in the building stage.
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

CK, the joints between the arms and torso come from the arms pages. Please, take a look at the arms instructions. You can read at the first page, taht some parts should be used when building the torso.

Sorry for the confusion...
  9. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hold the phone! I think I figured it out. This would explain the extra parts from the arms that were not used that I threw away after I finished the arms! Drats, looks like a reprint for me! Let this be a warning to all, do not through these parts out if you do the arms first (D8, D9, D6). It appears they will be used later. Let me know if I am correct here. These parts were not asked to be built in the arm instructions, so I figured ........
  10. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thanks Claudio, you are correct, of course. It does state at the beginning of the arm instructions that these parts will be used on the torso, I just need to read before I build I guess!
  11. Biroka

Biroka Member

Hy! I'm building bumblebee too. The only thing missing is the body....but I'm stuck at connecting L11 L13 L15 L17 piece to N18. I can't figure it out how they are matching. Some help would be appreciated.
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

let me see if this helps. i had trouble here as well.
    bb 004.jpg

on mine however i attached the headlight assemblies before putting to the armature. it helped me getting it lined up.
  13. Biroka

Biroka Member

Can't see the image! :((
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

even if you click on it? they are working on the problem but if i clik on the place holder it opens in a new window.
  15. Biroka

Biroka Member

I see it now....but still the #1 signed flap is much longer then the length of #2 gluing surface (or how can that be called). I mean the other two flaps fit, but the last one hangs out. Sorry if I'm not understandable.

Attached Files:

16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

hey sorry for late response no email notifications. yes mine hanges out a little to.
  17. Biroka

Biroka Member

No problem! I looked at the pictures a hundred times and managed to do something similar. BTW are you on hold whit this project?
  18. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

ive been on hold for a bit.too many things in my life right now.im trying to get back on it.
  19. ikariya

ikariya New Member

[​IMG]

Just finished up the head today! added some pieces to make the jaw pop out more =) Torso is next! I'll prolly pop in if I have problemz.
  20. Biroka

Biroka Member

It looks great! It reminds me when I was at that stage....ouch, so many work after that. Hope I will finish mine today...so I will post some pictures of the final result.