Bulkhead Frenzy

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Mar 3, 2004.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

As some of you know, I've been working on some loads for my fleet of bulkhead flats. Here's the first demo units. I think they look great already, I might add some banding, and I want to add lines on top to simulate the separation there. Otherwise, they're pretty much good to go (unfortunately, I **ONLY** see Canadian lumber loads here in Edmonton, so if anyone has a good pic of an American company's load, by all means send it on). Just for interest sakes, I have some other loads to compare them against.

(A) A pair of H&D loads (Canfor and Slocan) on custom decorated and weathered Fourstates Alltank cars.

[​IMG]

(B) My first wrapped lumber load, for Dunkley Lumber Ltd., on board FACX 20002 again.

[​IMG]

(C) My second load, this time for Tembec, aboard FACX 20010.

[​IMG]

(D) The final load I've created, this time for Canfor. It's one of three TTX bulkheads in my fleet.

[​IMG]

(E) A comparison of Canfor loads, mine versus H&D. The unit on the right is the sole UP unit I have built so far (two more are in the shops)

[​IMG]

(F) The sole centerbeam in my collection, a Walthers 72-footer decaled for CP Rail, with a Walthers accompanying load (for Slocan). All other cars in my fleet are Roundhouse 60' bulkheads.

[​IMG]

(G) Finally, a close-up of my Canfor load. The batteries ran out before I could get a shot like this for all of the loads, and far enough back to get the whole load (first time I've tried using the macro setting, worked pretty well).

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone for their support. To my testers, your units should be ready in the next couple of weeks !!!!
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Lookin good Mike, Really adds some colour
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice lumber Mike! Well, I think the lumber is nice - it is all wrapped up in those great looking covers... :)

Andrew
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hey, they look great. Nice colours as well.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ;) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Nitpicking

Mike: the only thing I can see wrong is that, by the time they get to Ontario, the covers are ripped and flapping in the breeze. ;)