Macau,China
home.kimo.com.tw
v3.JPG
[/img]

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Yuki

Great to see this old lady being built so well.

I have walked the decks of the real thing in Portsmouth loads of times. If anyone is in the country the dock yard at Portsmouth is well worth a visit.

looking great and keep us posted of how you get on with her.
Is this a kit or one of your own designs :?:

Looking forward to the rest of the build

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Looks great, Yuki!
Did you scan the sheets from the Maty kit for the Victory or is that the original kit sheets. The reason I ask is because my copy has a rough color scheme, it being one of their earlier kits.
You've done great work with her so far! :D
Looking forward to seeing more as you continue in the build.

And the LHA looks super too!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Upper works look good but it would be a lot better below the waterline if they had added another couple of formers. Damn good build considering how little warp there is.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Yuki

Love the gun galleys, some work there :shock:

More photos when you can please.

On my build board now I have,

• IJN Yamato
    USS Tennesse
    T 72 tank
    Man truck to go with the low loader

And soon to be USS Missouri

The reason I do this is if I come to an impass with one model I carry on with another saves me fistting the lot :lol:
But I don't rush them when I'am building them!!

All that matters is that we enjoy what we are doing, helps to get rid of the stress for me.

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Yuki,
Nice photos on the Victory. Barry's right, that Maty kit tends to leave out some of the hull formers, but you have made good use of what they have provided. More photos when you get a chance would be great. :D

I think your navy ship models are superb! I have seen your various designs and the fleets you have built and they are amazing, particularly when you consider they are made at 1/700 scale. Barry built one and it came out excellent; I hope to try one too as soon as I settle things down a bit on the home front...packing up the house and moving next week. Your models will be among the few things I put in that box in my hobby space so I can find them quickly once we are in at the new place.

I don't think it's uncommon to have a few projects going on at the same time, like Rob said. What I find amazing is how you built so many ships, equally superb, in such relatively little time! :shock:

You are absolutely right, you are not required to please anyone but yourself. The important thing is to enjoy what you do...it's a hobby for goodness sakes!

Jim

larrymax

Jan 17, 2004
Corona, CA
home.aaris.net
GREAT JOB, YUKI! Glad to see SOMEBODY ...(ahem...Gil!!!!!) finally building the Victory!

(hehehe!) Just kidding Gil!!! No flames please :p

MORE PICTURES, YUKI!

P.S. Good luck with the move, Jim.....remember....God created 17 year olds to move heavy things, and ,er, 40-somethings, to SUPERVISE!!!!!

Max
Captain, HMS Cleopatra
Paper Navy of the Bear Flag Republic

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Very nice, Yuki! :D
I have this Maty kit, right here in my office, as a matter of fact, and looking at what they give you to work with (this is one of the older kits, and the paper is pretty rough, the printing not much better) you are making a superb model out of it!
One thing you might consider, and I don't know if you already have, is to paint the bottom with copper like paint. The yellow they provide is pretty rough, though you have worked wonders with it.
Thanks for the update!
Please keep posting those photos! :wink:
Jim