Building Uhu02's Enterprise

Rogerio Silva

Closing time...

Hey

All right. This is it. After closing the gap you can see below and aligning the nacelles, the model will be finished.:-o
Tomorrow I'll have the display stand finished, and I'll take lots of pictures.
See ya!

Attachments

• WP_000196.jpg
    WP_000196.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 19
Sounds like a normal Saturday night in Amsterdam to me .....

I'm glad I live in the NorthEast, much calmer here and hardly any trafficjams.

@Rogerio

I can't wait to see you showcase pictures !!!!
She looks fantastic !!!

Oh and the rabbit, pretty cool but I rather have a real one........for dinner :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Elko

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The fixes that you made look GREAT!!!
You did an AMAZING job on this model (as a whole)!!!
Congratulations on your first UHU02 model.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Rogerio my friend,
Your build looks great to me. I have never built a model without mistakes. I just don't show them in the photos!

Best Regards,

Rogerio Silva

I'm honnored

Rogerio my friend,
Your build looks great to me. I have never built a model without mistakes. I just don't show them in the photos!

Best Regards,

Ron

I feel honnored that you took your time to visit my thread. Thanks! I have already said that, and I'll say it again: my next build will be your magnificent TOS Enterprise.
My intention is to put one aside the other, so that both can show the first and the last. Well, I know that the one used in the 60's TV show was different from the one in the pilot, but it's good enough for me.
Thanks again,

Rogério

P.S. I hide my mistakes in my photos, too!sign1 Sorry, everyone!:eek:ops:

Rogerio Silva

Get some support!

Hi,

We're getting to the very end of this thread. It's been a wonderful trip so far, but with your companis and visits, it's been even greater.
The support (not from the title,although it could be) and devices I have received here just confirm, IMHO, that ZEALOT is a special place:cool:. But my Mentor once said that ZEALOT is so special because WE make it so.
So, with no further ado, let's get to the title... it's about the display stand that comes with the model. It's very straightforward, but I DO recommend you use a thicker paper (I used 230 gsm, please use you look-up tables to convert to lbs), otherwise, it won't withstand the model weight.
I did some edge-coloring AFTER glueing, on the opposite way of all that I learned here, and which got me into serious trouble:cry:, but there's an explanation for it: both pieces had the same color, and were BLACK. So, even if I made a HUGE mistake, I would be able to get away with it.:twisted:
So, here are some pics of the stand assembly. I don't think that explanations are needed now, but if you need anything, just PM me, and I'll be more than glad to answer.:thumb:

Attachments

• WP_000198.jpg
    WP_000198.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 22
  • WP_000199.jpg
    WP_000199.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_000200.jpg
    WP_000200.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 62
  • WP_000202.jpg
    WP_000202.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 44
  • WP_000204.jpg
    WP_000204.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 10

Rogerio Silva

The big lady "E" herself

YO!

It's alive, it's aliiiiiveeee... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHH...sign1
Here she is! I would say something like "with all the imperfections that I put into it", but another thought just crossed my mind.:confused:
A GREAT ZEALOT-ian FRIEND once told me to knock off this "inside the tolerance" thing, and that papercrafting is, above all, supposed to be FUN!:mrgreen: And you know what? He is SO RIGHT:thumb:, that I feel ashamed to keep saying during this thread, with other words, that I'm some kind of natural born incompetent.:cry:
This model wasn't easy, and doing it without tabs just made assembling it an almost living hell on earth. And the fact that I had already unsuccessfully tried to build it didn't help at all.
But WE did it. I was never alone, although I did all the work, but there was always a word of support, encouragement, and appreciation. And who does not want to have his/her work appreciated?
Before showing (off:p) my photos, I would like to say just one more thing:
If I could do it, ANYONE CAN!!!

Attachments

• WP_000205.jpg
    WP_000205.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 77
  • WP_000206.jpg
    WP_000206.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_000208.jpg
    WP_000208.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 83
  • WP_000209.jpg
    WP_000209.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20
  • WP_000213.jpg
    WP_000213.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 49
  • WP_000214.jpg
    WP_000214.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 66
Rogerio,

Congratulations on this fantastic piece of craftmanship, and I realy mean that.
She looks absolutely fantastic and you can show her with proudness to anyone who visits your home.
You've learned, stumbled, solved problems and above all created a great model (out of paper) and had a lot of fun doing so (and so did I watching and learning from your build), can you ask for more ?

I'm realy looking forward to see more of your builds and I know I will enjoy reading them too.

I agree completely with you, this is a great forum with a lot of knoweledge
that's been shared generously.
But you build it my friend and did a good job at that.

Cheers and be proud of your Enterprise !!! :thumb:

Elko

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Very Nice! She looks wonderful and will now take a place of honor on your shelf. Watching you learn from this build has helped my get up the nerve to try again. My thanks to you Rogerio for a wonderful journey back to modeling.
:thumb:

So Say We All

Vince

You are progressing at a GREAT rate. what all you have done so far, looks GREAT!!!

Here is a little something that (hopefully) will keep you going:
[YOUTUBE]FCARADb9asE[/YOUTUBE]

Is this the movie trailer for next year's Star Trek movie? :twisted:

Vince

Seriously Rogerio, you have truly created a work of art. A tribute to both you and UHU02. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am especially impressed with the small scale. My clubby fingers have trouble with even the larger scales.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
:thumb: SUPERB WORK Rogerio. Congratulations on the successful completion!

And yes, this hobby is about HAVING FUN! Just remember, that the techniques you use, the mistakes, the blood, sweat and tears that you put into a model, MAKES IT UNIQUE. There is only one model like her anywhere in the world. AND IT'S YOURS!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR MODEL AND YOURSELF!!:thumb::thumb:

WELL DONE!!

:wave:

tjbmurph

Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing, and I have learned a lot, so thank you for that too. I look forward to seeing your next (but don't rush into anything, take some time to bask in this very successful build) :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you did it. Granted, all of us offered various comments and suggestions, but YOU DID IT!!!
aussie I raise my chalice of Romulan Ale and make a toast to you on the SUCCESS of your build.
KUDOS to you on a FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

I too am looking forward to your next project, but just like tjbmurph said, don't rush into anything, take some time to ENJOY your accomplishment.

Rogerio Silva

Speechless

Hi,

Thank you all for your kind words, your support and your appreciation. Once again, I may have done all the work, but I wouldn't have accomplished it without all of you.
And thanks for all that have visited or just "passed by". I have just enjoyed a lot this thread and, most of all, sharing everything I've learned during this endeavour. And the result that's now here; to me, a dream come true!:cool:
Thank you all! I will do what tjbmurph said, and take a break, but just because I'm trying to teach myself some Blender modeling. I started a thread (http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173714) about a ship that has had many views, but no response at all. So, I decided to make the model from scratch myself.
Let's see if I can make this happen!
See you all!

Rogério

P.S. Next build: the magnificent TOS Enterprise by Ron Caudillo.:thumb::cool:

martinsmc

Hi Rogerio, Congratulations , this is a beatiful model.

I stay building a few weeks, one 1701, below are my stage, building disc... more complicate...

8539642639_330328dd34_z.jpg

I hope finhish ....

Rogerio Silva

Olá - Hello!

Hi Rogerio, Congratulations , this is a beatiful model.

I stay building a few weeks, one 1701, below are my stage, building disc... more complicate...

8539642639_330328dd34_z.jpg

I hope finhish ....

Olá, Marcelo, vejo que você está no Brasil! Hello, Marcelo, I see that you're in Brazil! It's great to see that our country is well represented here. :thumb::cool: Sorry for not writing in Portuguese, but it's this forum's policy, we we have to obey the rules. If you want to exchange messages in Portuguese, please feel free to PM me, it'll be my pleasure.:thumb:
When I started this thread I was so worried about not ruining the fantastic work of the GREAT MASTER UHU02:inw:, that I forgot the main thing about this hobby: TO HAVE FUN!:mrgreen: I was kindly reminded of that by a good friend, with some more years of experience and a lot of wonderful works to show. It was hard to finish the model, but, as I tell my kids, HARD IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!
The picture of your model shows you're having a little trouble with the disc, which I insist to call "saucer section":rolleyes:... If I may offer a piece of advice, try doing it in parts, not closing the disc all at once, but in steps of 10 to 30 degrees. You'll be able to have more control on the closing process, thus reducing errors.
Changing the subject, do you remember Groizer X? In Brazil, it was a cartoon called "O Pirata do Espaço" (the Space Pirate), back in the 80s. I couldn't find any paper model of it, so I decided to do one myself. I learned to model and, with a little help from my friends,:mrgreen::thumb::cool: am finishing the touch-ups to go to unfolding and alpha building it.
Why did I say that? Not to do some advertisement about my model, but to tell you that ZEALOT is the best place you could find to get help in this hobby, as well as others.
And remember: IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN!
Tudo de bom - All the best,

Rogério

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Rogerio my friend,
You did very well on this model and should be very happy with your results.

I'm glad you are having fun with this hobby, that's what it is all about. It's good to see you designing too. You will learn a lot in a shory time. I'm looking forward to seing the Groizer X built.

Best Regards,