Building the Walthers N Scale Coke Oven

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Govonor_House_Staircase.jpg

Govonor House Staircase.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Lower_Crusher_Walls.jpg

Lower Crusher House Walls. They have been sprayed an aluminum color. That is an access door were the hole is and on the other side is where the conveyor goes out from to go to the top of the Coal Bunker

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Track_to_Crusher.jpg

Here is the Conveyor that runs from the bottom of the Crusher House and up to the top of the Coal Bunker over the Ovens.

Crusher_to_Coal_Bunker.jpg

Same conveyor but with the roof added

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Overall.jpg

Overall_2.jpg

Overall Views of the plant. The conveyors at this point in the pictures still have not been sprayed the aluminum color they will be but they are as of now.

Only one more step to go, Just have to build the Quencher Tower now and the Coke Oven will be a sucessful kitbuild. And then there is weathering to after that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
You know..... I don't think I've ever taken as long on an entire layout as you have for this one giant industry. :D

Looking good though.
Should be killer when you're done :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
You know..... I don't think I've ever taken as long on an entire layout as you have for this one giant industry. :D

Looking good though.
Should be killer when you're done :thumb:

Thanks Cannonball, im pretty exited that im almost done with it

LOL, slow and steady is the way I like to build things :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Okay, been working on the Rolling Mills again and so I havn't really made any progress on the Coke Oven for a while cause I need to get the Kitbashed Rolling Mills done and weathered in time for the contest it is being entered in.

But I finished the Coke Oven, YES FINISHED, including weathering too. The weathered pics will be posted today and if not today by the weekend :thumb: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Quencher_Tower_Pipeing.jpg

Added the pipeing on the inside and the outside connecting to the small shed

Weathered pics coming soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: