Building the Walthers N Scale Coke Oven

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hi guys, this thread will be just like my last thread, "Building the Walthers N Scale Blast Furnace" exept it will be the Walthers N Scale Coke Oven & Quencher.

I should start posting pics in about a week because I don't have the building yet, I ordered it from Mike Fifer Hobby a few days ago and sent out the payment on Monday so it should be here sometime next week.

You can view the thread "Building the Walthers N Scale Blast Furnace" by clicking HERE. You have to click the links to the pics through most of the thread because we moved servers and the pics got messed up but the weathered pics of the furnace at the end are still there.

Hope you guys enjoy this thread as much as you guys did the last :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of the Walthers Coke Oven from Walthers web site

09330000003806.gif

This build will be entered in the "Spring 07' Kitbuild Challange" here on the Gauge.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Hey guys, it came today!! I am building Kitbashed Rolling Mills first cause that contest ends first so I should start building and posting pics of the Coke Oven next week. Be sure to check out the Kitbashed Rolling Mill Thread right HERE for progress shots as I build/kitbash 2 Walthers Rolling Mills together.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Oven_Outside_Wall.jpg

Here is the Outer End Wall for the Lower Coal Bunker Section. It has some access doors. The Brick Wall was also sprayed Primer Grey with the Roll-up Door and Personel Door begin sprayed a lighter grey.

Coal_Bunker_Bottom.jpg

Here is the Lower Coal Bunker Assembly. The Coal Bunker will sit ontop of the supports at the top.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Oven_Walls.jpg

The Coke Oven Walls have been sprayed a rust color while the Brick Oven Walls were sprayed the grey primer color.

Oven_Top.jpg

Oven Top has been sprayed a tan color and glued in place ontop of the oven walls. The Oven Top will be weathered with bits of brown, black, orange, and red colors and the walls will be weathered the same way.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Coal_Bunker_Top.jpg

Here is the top portion of the Coal Bunker which has been sprayed the rust color. The black part is where it will be sprayed an aluminum color as it is aluminum siding.

Coal_Bunker_Top_painted.jpg

Aluminum Siding sprayed.

Coal_Bunker_Top_2.jpg

Added the roofs to the Coal Bunker. The opening is for the conveyor that will come from the Crushing House.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Josh W, thanks man, I am really looking forward to weathering this awesome building to.

Josh, Thanks, your project is looking really sweet to, those railings and stairs look amazing!!!

nscaler, Thanks again, I really like that blast furnace, it is bigger then any of my HO buildings lol

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Okay, finally made a lil progress today. I have been busy and havn't worked on coke oven for a few days now. I better step it up lol, I need to finish by the 31st so I can make the deadline for the contest :mrgreen: and I still gotta weather it to

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Stairwell_Unpainted.jpg

Here is the stairwell that goes from the ground up to the top of the ovens. This is the unpainted pic.

Stairwell_Painted.jpg

Here is the painted Stairwell. I sprayed it a bright safety yellow which will be weathered to look used.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Govonor_House_Front.jpg

Govonor House has been built and sprayed several diff colors including Rust color for the support structure, Silver for the aluminum sheeting walls, and grey for the door to the Govonor House

Govonor_House_Back.jpg

Govonor House Rear. You can see the Collector Pipe going in the Govonor House.