Building the Super Corsair

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Willja67, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I have been exploring options for selling the model in preprinted format through another vendor. I hope that it works out but i can't promise that anything will come of it.

When I first released #57 I thought that it might be a good idea to go to a place like the UPS store and have them laser printed and sell them but it cost nearly $20 US to print the entire kit plus gas money plus profit and since there were several complaints regarding the already higher than normal price of the kit I thought it not worthwhile to continue. Hopefully this avenue will be opened to those who wish to buy the kit.
  2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I have been exploring options for selling the model in preprinted format through another vendor. I hope that it works out but i can't promise that anything will come of it.

When I first released #57 I thought that it might be a good idea to go to a place like the UPS store and have them laser printed and sell them but it cost nearly $20 US to print the entire kit plus gas money plus profit and since there were several complaints regarding the already higher than normal price of the kit I thought it not worthwhile to continue. Hopefully this avenue will be opened to those who wish to buy the kit.
  3. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

The kits are cool, i love what i saw on the gremir site, unfortuneately with trying to protect intelectual property, some customers get left out. today thats me...:(...
    I started building card models when i was a kid, when I became a computer tech after retiring from being a cop, i got back into cardmodels because of the instant gratification of the download. it seems that most of the people here are honest. is the issue of teft or illegal selling of the kit that bad that the germir mode of selling is that important?
    just curious from an old cops point of view...:)
  4. alaimo@jcu.edu

The kits are cool, i love what i saw on the gremir site, unfortuneately with trying to protect intelectual property, some customers get left out. today thats me...:(...
    I started building card models when i was a kid, when I became a computer tech after retiring from being a cop, i got back into cardmodels because of the instant gratification of the download. it seems that most of the people here are honest. is the issue of teft or illegal selling of the kit that bad that the germir mode of selling is that important?
    just curious from an old cops point of view...:)
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Honestly I'm a little torn about the whole issue. When I first started looking for distributors for my kit I had visions of grandeur making buku bucks and the like and I heard a lot about the piracy issue and happened to come across Michael krohl And Gremir and his way of doing things and decided to go that route.

Reality has since hit that I never will make a lot of money selling my models and I have come to the conclusion that making friends doing this is more important that the money, but then you go look at the recent ebay pirate thread and what's happened there (I designed one of the models that was being illegally sold) and suddenly I get a little wary again.

I am well aware that eventually someone will find a way around the protections of Gremirs software and it has generally been my plan that as soon as I am aware that my models are available to all who are unscroupulous enough to obtain an illegal copy that I would make them available through other outlets. Until then I'll stay the course I'm on and Mikes been pretty good to me and patient as well so I'll give him my business (you know the friendship aspect of it) and let him have first crack at whatever money there is to be made.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Honestly I'm a little torn about the whole issue. When I first started looking for distributors for my kit I had visions of grandeur making buku bucks and the like and I heard a lot about the piracy issue and happened to come across Michael krohl And Gremir and his way of doing things and decided to go that route.

Reality has since hit that I never will make a lot of money selling my models and I have come to the conclusion that making friends doing this is more important that the money, but then you go look at the recent ebay pirate thread and what's happened there (I designed one of the models that was being illegally sold) and suddenly I get a little wary again.

I am well aware that eventually someone will find a way around the protections of Gremirs software and it has generally been my plan that as soon as I am aware that my models are available to all who are unscroupulous enough to obtain an illegal copy that I would make them available through other outlets. Until then I'll stay the course I'm on and Mikes been pretty good to me and patient as well so I'll give him my business (you know the friendship aspect of it) and let him have first crack at whatever money there is to be made.
  7. alaimo@jcu.edu

cool beans...
    for what its worth, if i ever find anyone that gets around the gremir stuf, or if i see a pirate copy of your stuff i'll let you know...
    (the cop in me...)..:)
  8. alaimo@jcu.edu

cool beans...
    for what its worth, if i ever find anyone that gets around the gremir stuf, or if i see a pirate copy of your stuff i'll let you know...
    (the cop in me...)..:)
  9. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm sorry that guys like you are the ones who take the hit for this. As I said I think I might have found someone to sell preprinted models, if it works out I'll let you know and you can get a copy if you so desire.
  10. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm sorry that guys like you are the ones who take the hit for this. As I said I think I might have found someone to sell preprinted models, if it works out I'll let you know and you can get a copy if you so desire.