Building the Super Corsair

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Willja67, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Okay Rick has some questions about how the cowling goes together and I took the pics of my build I just never posted them so here goes.

These are the first 2 pieces that are assembled:

[​IMG]

The part with the tabs wraps around the ring. The colored part of the ring obviously faces forward and the tabs are pointing aft when installed. A couple tabs will have to be cut off to accomodate the black bump on top of the ring which is the intereior of the carb intake.

Next up is the speed ring and its connecting strip:

[​IMG]

I know some of you don't like connecting strips in applications like this so don't feel compelled to use it.

[​IMG]

This pic shows the inner skin of the carb intake next to the assembled speed ring:

[​IMG]

Kind of skipped a step here but you can see that both the inner and outer skin of the carb intake have been installed.

[​IMG]

Not visible in this pic are the tabs from the yellow piece of the previous pic sticking out the back so the rest of the intake can glue onto it.

Next the interior of the cowl is put in place with the front going inside the tabs of the speed ring interior.

[​IMG]

I didn't put a connecting strip on the seam in the above pic cause the outer portion of the cowl serves that purpose.

Here are the parts for the original humped carb intake:

[​IMG]

And the whole thing assembled and ready for the engine to be inserted in the back:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps Rick
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Yes, I suspected the bit about cutting off the tabs - that was the only unlear thing. you might want to note that somewhere in the instructions or drawings (or indicate it on the part).
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Sorry about that Rick. I justified it in my mind that since the military versions will need those tabs left on I'd just leave them and that way I would have fewer items to customize.
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Mini competition

Okay folks I'm getting really close to done with this kit (all parts pages are done but some documentation isn't yet) but don't think I'm ever going to get around to finishing the build so I would like to entice someone to build the dumb thing for me for photo purposes only since fit issues and the like have already been addressed with #57.

Here are the rules to this competition:

There is only one winner in this contest and I pick that individual

Need to show proof of good building skill and quickness.

Need to commit to set aside other projects and build this one.

No griping if I choose someone else.

Prizes: Obviously #74 for free and a military version (theoretical USS Boxer air group markings Invasion of Japan) of the Super Corsair when/if it becomes available.

PM me or reply here in this thread if interested
  5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

1 preprinted kit for sale

I just sent the files for #74 to Mike so he can get them ready for sale so maybe within the next week or 2 it will be available depending on his schedule.

As with #57 I had to print out the model to check for problems and I now have 1 kit that I don't want or need so I'm willing to sell it to the first responder to this post for $8 plus shipping. this kit is a little different than #57 in that although there are 2 versions of this model (1947 and 1949) I didn't have to customize every sheet for each version. In plain language you could build 2 models from the #57 kit but this one you can only build one.

So who is lucky enough to see this first?

PS Whoever finishes building #74 first and sends some pics of the completed build for the sale page will have the purchase price refunded.
  6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

1 preprinted kit for sale

I just sent the files for #74 to Mike so he can get them ready for sale so maybe within the next week or 2 it will be available depending on his schedule.

As with #57 I had to print out the model to check for problems and I now have 1 kit that I don't want or need so I'm willing to sell it to the first responder to this post for $8 plus shipping. this kit is a little different than #57 in that although there are 2 versions of this model (1947 and 1949) I didn't have to customize every sheet for each version. In plain language you could build 2 models from the #57 kit but this one you can only build one.

So who is lucky enough to see this first?

PS Whoever finishes building #74 first and sends some pics of the completed build for the sale page will have the purchase price refunded.
  7. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

based on this model, i bought the corsair and the black widow. my printer is installed, how do i get registration?
  8. alaimo@jcu.edu

based on this model, i bought the corsair and the black widow. my printer is installed, how do i get registration?
  9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Already responded with possible solution in the email.
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Already responded with possible solution in the email.
  11. alaimo@jcu.edu

wits end

i am at my wits end nothing seems to work, i am a desktop systems spec and my equipment works, the only thing that i can think of is that maybe it is the fact that the printers are network printers?
  12. alaimo@jcu.edu

wits end

i am at my wits end nothing seems to work, i am a desktop systems spec and my equipment works, the only thing that i can think of is that maybe it is the fact that the printers are network printers?
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I'll take it Will!

Russell
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I'll take it Will!

Russell
  15. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Network printers are not the problem - I had several clients with both local and network printers and there was never a problem.
    I do not know what causes it, but since I'm unable to create registration codes for the models you purchased I sent you full refund for both.
  16. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Network printers are not the problem - I had several clients with both local and network printers and there was never a problem.
    I do not know what causes it, but since I'm unable to create registration codes for the models you purchased I sent you full refund for both.
  17. alaimo@jcu.edu

I am intrested in the models if the issue is ever fixed.

If who ever has the corsaid or the blackwidow and can legally sell it in a pdf format, jpg, or someother useable format, I would be intrested in its purchase. To whom it may concern at Gremir models thanks for the effort, sorry that it didn't work out. . .
    Been building cardmodels for 35 years. . .
  18. alaimo@jcu.edu

I am intrested in the models if the issue is ever fixed.

If who ever has the corsaid or the blackwidow and can legally sell it in a pdf format, jpg, or someother useable format, I would be intrested in its purchase. To whom it may concern at Gremir models thanks for the effort, sorry that it didn't work out. . .
    Been building cardmodels for 35 years. . .
  19. alaimo@jcu.edu

i saw and Thank you...just dissapointed that it didnt work, i am intrested in helping solev the issue if you are intrested? It is a shame, I would really love to build the models. . .
  20. alaimo@jcu.edu

i saw and Thank you...just dissapointed that it didnt work, i am intrested in helping solev the issue if you are intrested? It is a shame, I would really love to build the models. . .