Building the Argon Colossus - X3: Reunion(game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgutzmer

I honestly dont know if its the same ship as this one or not... I dont know much about it other than I was asked to put it up :) Hopefully this is where it belongs :)
Chris

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
just a couple notes. the .pdo requires a password to open in designer so u can only open in viewer and it only opens with one wing shown. have not built yet and as the .pdf has no build guide or numbered peaces it is hard to know right away if the other wing is missing my guess is its there and just left out of the pdo for better viewing of the center mass

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
I haven't say what I am working on because don't want the Argon Buster to have the same fate as the Argon Colossus.

The .pdo requires a password because the .pdo are the instructions. You don't need to use the designer.
And with the missing wing its in the .pdf. In the .pdo its only one because I wanted to save time.
I exported the project and the pages with that wing and I mirror them.

I think I will abandon the Argon Colossus project its to complicated and if I finish building it it will have +30 pages, maybe 50 pages!

Any more questions? :)

Well cgutzmer I think it was a good ideea to post the model in the "Gallery and New Download Announcements" section, but this is a good place to. :)
Thanks!

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
amazing job man
you make a die hard fan proud
if you feel like doing another may i suggest the M7 next and a couple M3+ to go with it
or perhaps another M5

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks! Maybe I will build, but I don't realy know what to build, a station? A Gate? Khaak Fighter? Or maybe a XENON!

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
oh man i didn't even think of a gate or station..... excuse me i need a moment

ok. a gate would be amazing and wile still really complex, i should think it would be may times easer than a station. but you would know better than i sense the most i could ever get done was about a day into working on the colossus and couldn't figure out textures.

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
any news. starting a build of the buster and wondering if i am gonna have a fleet. did you do a build on the buster i was wondering if there were any reference shots

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
I started building on it.

AB1.JPG

AB2.JPG

AB3.JPG

Its not so good but...
Sorry for the image quality, I only have a webcam and a normal camera. (need to buy a digital one)

I will try to make some other models, but not now.

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks! Here are some more pictures with the argon buster but this time with my new digital camera(my first one to). :twisted:

Attachments

• AB1.jpg
    AB1.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ab2.jpg
    ab2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ab3.jpg
    ab3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ab4.jpg
    ab4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • ab5.jpg
    ab5.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 14

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
More updates... :)

AB1.jpg

AB2.jpg

AB3.jpg

AB4.jpg

AB5.jpg

I forgot to assemble a part from the wing...I need to put it :-D.

One more wing to go...

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thank you! luciencarroll can you give some pictures after you finish? :)

I have a tip for a part:

AB1.jpg

AB2.jpg

Don't glue that zone so you can put a pencil or one of your fingers inside to attach the wing, without doing that is dificult to attach.Don't glue that zone so you can put a pencil or one of your fingers inside to attach the wing, without doing that is dificult to attach. I hope this helps. :)

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
it does thanks
im on pause, but i have most of the main body done. its slow going because this is an amazing level of detail. i love it

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thank you! Now I have some problems with the wings, I hope that I will fix it.

Should I post the model on the X3 forum? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.