Building of The RK&M: The Cement Distributor

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
The old stone arch bridge was re-colored.
Colors:
• Folk Art Amish Blue
• Folk Art Huckleberry
• Folk Art Burnt Umber
• Folk Art Wrought Iron
• Folk Art Charcoal Gray
• Folk Art Light Gray Wash

cemdist_g_003a.jpg

cemdist_g_006a.jpg

The colors were applied with the cosmetic sponge and it was gone over with the Light Gray wash.

I also painted “under” the stone arch bridge with Folk Art Licorice.

cemdist_g_007a.jpg

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Looks great Tom would you be able to post some overall pics of the layout I'm interested in how your doing your elevation differences and how there coming together ?:wave:

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
That looks great with the talus added .
Just curious Tom how do you make your talus would you throw a hand full of big plaster in a sock and beat it down :eek:ops:
Great pic too you wanna watch when your standing on that track a choo choo is liable to round the bend

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks Lynn!

The Talus comes from Woodland Scenics. They have different colors from natural (white) to dark gray. They also have different sizes from fine to extra coarse. I use the natural color since I am going to color it. I take several different sizes and pour them into a cup. I then shake the cup up to mix them and then pour them where I need the talus. I do place some of the bigger stones where I think they need to be.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I finished ballasting about 90% of the track. The areas I did not finish are in the area of the turnouts. I am waiting for some ground throws I ordered to arrive. I also did not do where the building goes and the track bumpers.

cemdist_j_001a.jpg

cemdist_j_002a.jpg

cemdist_j_003a.jpg

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Looks Great Tom ...ah you planning on finishing this layout this weekend cuz your sure moving at a good pace :wave:
That talus really blends in well with the roadbed :thumb: