Building of GREMIR HMS Onslow

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
Help...

I started to build some structures. However, I couldn't make a good 'rails' and 'ladder'. Is there any photoetched parts for this scale? If so, where can I buy it?

Thanks

JN

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply.

I found there are a 'laser cut rails' and 'laser cut ladder' too. Is it good enough compared to 'photo etched parts'?

Thanks

JN

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
As I mentioned, I am building 'laser-printed' version. So far, I didn't have any flake-off problem. The color is so crisp and deep. I really liked the way it looks.

Another big advantage to use 'laser-printed' version is that it is water-proof. So, I can wipe out excess of glue with 'wet' paper towel. Also, when a CA glue is used, I could use an accerator. In the picture, there was some glue mark which was caused by too much CA glue. I hope it can be reduced by final coating with Matte Finish.... when I complete the ship.

So far, I really like this building. There was no fitting problem at all. I think this ship is well designed.

Thanks

JN

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
One problem I had was that I couldn't find any diagram or picture at specific angle. So, I couldn't figure out what it looks or how to attach a part. For example, as shown in the following picture, I couldn't find a picture where or how to attach this 'rectangular plate'. Just by imagination, I attached it as picture, but not sure whether this is right way....

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Assembly Diagram 2 shows part 57 folded at a right angle to form a small platform outside of the superstructure.
On the general plan you can see that there is a ladder leading from the superstructure (between parts 172) to this platform.

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
Thanks Michael. Looks like I didn't attach it in correct way, but I think it is fine with me. Nobody will tell the difference in my family. :)

jnyoun

Apr 19, 2007
I was tired and should have a break. I was hurry and lost my concentration. The results were TERRIBLE mistakes (unrecoverable). I am learning the bulding requires lots of patience and slow pace....

Here is the first mistake. Can you find which?