Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dnalor, Jul 24, 2012.
Good luck! Moveable parts are a pain, but it sure makes for a fun model!
I made 1 mechanic ready..
and found out it doesn't work the way i want.
So with my friend google i found a better mechanic..
now i try to build it in.
i saw they used servo's to operate them...but that's to much
I'm thrilled to see where this is going, out of this world build and then with moving parts, man you're good !!! :thumb:
looks like someone else admires your work dnalor
Yes every now and then they come check how far i am with the build.
This is still my @work project.
And i hope that the parts will move when ready...
when i drove home from work i thought about a kind off clicking to lock the flaps in a position..
Then i have to make teeth on the mechanics.. or something like that..
A bit like the legs on a wooden deck chair ....
yeah something like that...
Yes i think it works.
it looks a little like this.
the parts on the back will be hidden in back engine outlet.
But still i have no solution about to keep up when the heavy flap is installed.
You're the man! That's a wonderful work...
Some sweet paper engineering going on there........:thumb:
i work to slow..
I'm still getting a little detail on the engine....
somehow the engines don't flow when building. it's soooooo slow...
I spray painted the inside of the details..
and started to build the outside of the engines.
i had to build the armour plates and glue them on the outside.
I was almost ready and it got damaged when they cleaned the office where i'm building the snowspeeder.
They sprayed all water over the engine and the color of the armour is damaged.
now , i am glueing a new sheet with gray colors over the plates i installed.
I hope it looks a little good or else i can start all over again.
tomorrow i will make a picture of the engine.
here you see a sideview where one panel is still not renewed.
you see the blue water damage..
That is allready covert.
i'm getting started with the back rond engine part.
Well, setbacks are expected when things are not totally under your control. You couldn't predict the cleaning of the office would turn into a disaster for your model... :cry: Anyway, your work so far has been an inspiration for all of us, so keep it up! :thumb: :thumb:
I think your solution of glueing a paper on top of the color damaged pieces will work fine, for I've had the same problem and the fix was cool, very hard to notice.
So go for it, man! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Ok engine one is almost complete.
i only have to make that exhaust at the back.
At this moment i'm working on the armour of the second engine.
Great work as always dnalor,
With your quality standards, someday soon you''ll build a fully operational model!
that would be fun...but my garage isn't big enough
sign1 sign1 sign1
You've got me! sign1 sign1 sign1
Well speed isn't everything.
But allmost every day i do a little step.
Just for fun a update.
i'm working on the air intake ribs of the second engine.
and it takes a long time..
i tried to speed up the process but forget the screwholes in the plating of the second engine.
Now i have to draw them ..
damn. they really look cool when they are real.