building my own millenium falcon

Z

Zathros

I think Zip Dry actually works better than Superglue. The reason is that if you touch both sides together, then separate them, for maybe 15 seconds, you can then put extremely large parts together, and the matrix that Zip Dry forms is very strong, yet, for quite a while, adjustable, even as it holds the parts together without any extra clamping effort, or just minimal, in some cases. :)

p.s. it doesn't slowly kill you either!:thumb:

Z

Zathros

It does have an "sweet, bitter Almond" smell. I got poisoned by cyanide on a part I was working on. Not a good feeling, breathing, and not being to take in any air. It builds up in your system, so it is something I rarely use. I did glue a piece on metal on the alternator pulley of my 1973 MG, and 17 years later, it is still holding!! I used the "Gel" gap filling stuff, with an accelerator catalyst. :)

dnalor

well i used Bison-glue..
in europe that is a very good..strong..and expensive glue
and it glues allmost everything.
it's a very sticky stuff that you need to hold down a few minutes and then normally stays down for ever :)

and without any smells...

Z

Zathros

I eat Bison every once in a while, it's the best Hamburgers you could ever have!! :)

Hodrad

I also built the original design of this model some time ago and I must say that your efforts are amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

dnalor

Eat a bison?..
The only bisons i now here, are at Disneyland Paris at the buffalo bill show
But i know that those are only for looking not eating. :)

dnalor

my engine without the tape,
it isn't completly straight but better than before.

now the escape pods,
and the top and bottem part are not aligned....aarghh :)

Attachments

• IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 13
Z

Zathros

A little work with the "thumbs" and those edges will straighten right out! I've never seen one of these with the back end cut out like that. It really brings the model to life! :)

dnalor

My problem is i also curved the hull from the outside to the cannons on top and bottom
Normally it's straight..

This design of the falcon isn't made for that.
So i had to make serval slices on serval places.

And i think that that is the reason that the back at the engine is a little warped.

dnalor

Damn so that's the problem; paper with an mini SRB42 sublight engine doesn't work.
Then it has to be a static model :)

Z

Zathros

Unfortunately, I don't think so. It looks like the first Star Wars movie ever made, when they were inside the worm. It looks like the worm pooped it out!

A sad ending, this kid will never know why his uncle begrudges him! :)

Picture003-6.jpg

spaceslug-570x427.jpg