Building my layout...

jbaakko

Slowly progressing, going to order a majority of the track next payday. Two buildings have their foundations laid out.

Attachments

• sl00039.JPG
    sl00039.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 6
  • sl00040.JPG
    sl00040.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 7

Mike Desira

cool layout. Congrats.

Me? I have this here backwaters train set mentality which made me put out an MDF 10X4 table which kinda sprouted an L on the side, and what do you know, it's a shunting yard with a dogbone mainline, and here is where the bone will spur to the dock area and this here junction will eventually lead to an upper deck holding an industrial area.....hold on a minute, shoot, pard, we can just be able to squeeze two passing sidings to provide what the conoscienti call an "off-layout destination", and suddenly I wake up and all the detail disappear, and what I have becomes obvious....a mongrel layout which like Topsy, grows, and as it grows so does my knowledge of how not to do things..........Anyone out there owns Kalmbach shares? Rejoyce, cos' I have bought most of their books on MRR.
I am using them to lever myself out of the train set mentality into the hallowed realm of layouts. The result? Just lemme figure out how to post pix of this month's playboy bunny, ermmmm, sorry, scrap that....my layout, I meant, honest, and you will can judge for yourself for which funny farm I am eligible.

jbaakko

Guess I've left ya'll out of the loop here.

Attachments

• sl00041.JPG
    sl00041.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 6
  • sl00043.JPG
    sl00043.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 5
  • sl00044.JPG
    sl00044.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
  • sl00045.JPG
    sl00045.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 5
  • sl00046.JPG
    sl00046.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 4
  • sl00047.JPG
    sl00047.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 6

jbaakko

Scrap yard
sl00048.JPG

Custom paint shop (this is the fictional location that I do my custom painting in...)
sl00049.JPG

Great West Models Warehouse
sl00050.JPG

jbaakko

sl00055.jpg

sl00054.jpg

sl00053.jpg

sl00052.jpg

cnw1961

mmmmhhh..... don’t know why I did not notice your thread until now :confused::confused:. The trackplan looks very interesting and I am sure it will make a great layout. I’ll be on the watch for your thread, not to miss your progress. Great job so far :thumb::thumb::thumb:.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW AWESOME progress Josh!!!!

I love it all!!! My Favs are the embankment at the bridge, the bridge its self, the Great West Models warehouse, and the ADM Grain and Red Wing Flour mill Buildings. Ohhh and the Scrap Yard, ohhhh who am i kidding its all AWESOME!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: