Building Bachmann's Ambassador Hotel

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Robin!!!

Frank, it's an Epson C86 that I just got last week. It's much higher resolution than the one I had - 5760 x 1440 and cost about the same. I'm using Canon matte photo paper. This printer is a huge improvement - I can't see any dots at all.

I'm going to be re-printing all my store signs too eventually.

Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Oops - thanks Phoneguy - you snuck in while I was typing that last reply. :)

I'm doing the lobby and one of the front rooms for sure, maybe both. I'll probably also detail one of the hotel rooms just for fun. There's also a "ballroom" on the top floor. I'm not sure what I'll do with that when I get to it. It would be fun to have an orchestra playing, but no one makes any such figures that I've seen - just Bavarian oompah bands! :rolleyes:

Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Gary.

Well, I didn't get a lot done today between a trip to the LHS to get more lights, and then dithering about which wallpaper to use! :rolleyes:

It's on the mezanine level and you will see it through the long windows above the front door.

Today's progress - a box!

Attachments

• mezint.jpg
    mezint.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 32

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Fantastic use of photo effects that adds such realism!!! Amazing! Warning though: visitors are going to get so caught up looking into your cool buildings they'll forget to see the trains! :)
Ralph

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks very much for the kind comments everyone!!! :) :)

I made a little more progress today. First I had to make a lot of curtains. These were downloaded and colourized purple in Photoshop. I did one set normally and another flipped horizontally so I could back them up. They will be seen from front and back, so this was a necessary step. I used double-sided adhesive sheets to stick them together, and some more of the same to hold them onto the walls.

Photo 1 is the curtains ready for installation.
Photo 2 is a shot from the front.
Photo 3 is a shot from the side.

Val

Attachments

• curtains.jpg
    curtains.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 32
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 35
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 37

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
This next photo is for you Frank - a couple of potted palms grace the interior.

I still have to add furnishings and people - this is basically a sitting area off the main lobby, so it will have armchairs, a sofa and some people reading the paper while waiting to meet a friend.

I should also mention that the carpet needs to be reprinted - it's a little too small.

Val

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Let's just test that lantern at the front. :)

They only had one in stock at the LHS so I've ordered another one. Now I will have to wait until it comes in to finish the first floor.

Val

Attachments

• lantern.jpg
    lantern.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
As usual Val great job, if you come over here for a holiday,forget the tourist trip, my layout needs a touch of your class of workwomenship, so put me on the list, pleeeeease... good one val..steve