Building an AT-AT at 3x the scale (In-Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugman72

Mar 31, 2005
Oh, I wanted to also mention that I just finished a redraw of a scaled Snowspeeder to go with this monster. I just converted the two 8x11 sheets to PDF, if anyone would like it to go along with the AT-AT files.

One last thing...I just finished the redraw on an equally-sized AT-ST. I need to go in and do the hatching now, but I hope to have it completed within the next week or so (drawing-wise, that is).

bholderman

Jul 21, 2004
Bugman,

In regards to line "crispeness," its doubtful. At my business we can't process dwg files (due to a time factor in prepping for printing), so we require .plt or .pdf files. A .plt is a raster-vector format that although more raster format, it still maintains lineweights and sometimes even layers (I have a cheat sheet for creating them for custoemrs if you want me to pass it your way). Maybe thats something for the Parts bin.

Adobe pdf has come a long way in handling engineering documents as well.

Cheers,
Brad

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Guys,

And to think way back on Mar 31, 2005 Bug was just beginning his search for the "old" plans for these models lol. Now he has redrawn them, cut them out and almost thru assembling them.
I say great work bug, I cant wait to see the finished at-at with details and weathering.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA(GW)

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Brandon, Mississippi, USA
I can handle the .dwg or .dxf just fine I'll send you an e-mail, suposedly my e-mail has a 25meg limit per e-mail, we'll see.

I do not have Shun Pop's original PDFs so it would be great if you can include those too, or tell me where to go get them.

bugman72

Mar 31, 2005
I finally managed to set back some time this past weekend and was able to get all the remaining parts cut out and glued on. Here are some pictures of the final build, less the weathering. I think it turned out pretty good, especially for my first real paper model build. I could have added some more detail pieces to the body (and may still), but I think the addition of the weathering will help tremendously. I think that my redesign of the rear of the AT-AT works out much better. If you compare the photo from last night to the ones before, you will see a noticable difference.

I added a couple of pictures of the paper model posing next to my Legos AT-AT and Legos Snowspeeder. I'm going to try and get the scaled paper model Snowspeeder built in the next couple of days.

Now, to the pictures.

100_3377.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3380.jpg

100_3381.jpg

100_3382.jpg

100_3383.jpg

100_3384.jpg

100_3385.jpg

100_3386.jpg

100_3387.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Revell-Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.