Building a refinery and looking at the models from Plastruct

I wanted to know from anyone who has purchased the models made by Plastruct if the models have good details and do you need to buy many additional parts to make the model complete. I was looking to build a fuel refinery and they have many models that look exactly like the model I want. Does anyone know of other models that may be better for a refinery?
Thanks in advance,
dhd

I'm building in HO scale, but I've not started at this point. I'm thinking I'll start by building the loading dock and run a rail line that will have a refinery and other stations along the line. I still need to determine if this will be a railroad in the northeast or the west but it will be modeled something between 1990 to present day.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
I've got the Walthers North Island Refinery in N scale. I haven't started on it yet, but it looks pretty complex. You might check out the HO version. Can't help you with Plastruct though.

Russ Bellinis

I'm not familiar with the refinery kit from plastruct, but their main business is details for architectural models (spelling?). Model railroading is a sideline for them. Everything I've seen from them is good, as you would expect since the standards required for architectural models is on parr with the top line craftsman kits. Anything less than first class modeling for architects is unacceptable.