Building a Fence

Prof1000

Hi:
I was thinking of building a chain link fence to surround my yard. Any ideas. I was thinking of using screen wire and finishing nails soldered to the wire screen. Maybe hardware cloth but is it to big. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

doctorwayne

Depending on your modelling scale, a better choice might be to build the framework (posts, cross members, and braces from brass rod or tubing (much easier to solder than steel), then use tulle (netting or veil material), available from fabric shops - it usually comes in a variety of colours and several different-sized openings, as the actual chain link fencing. Use ca to attach it to the framework, then spray paint the whole shebang silver.

Wayne

i built chainlink fences...but i used the fiberglass screen , less chance of little peices getting sucked up into the motors...
visit your local hardware or glass place and see if they have a ripped piece you can have.............it is usually tossed

myltlpny

You can also try using some of your wife's old pantyhose stretched over a wood or plastic rod frame. Just make sure she doesn't need them. Trust me.:eek:

HoosierDaddy

The last time I was at a wedding reception, they had little individual packages at each place setting of mints wrapped in tulle. I of course grabbed all the discarded tulle left on our table after everyone had opened theirs and eaten the mints (I was discreet). My wife looked at me with a 'What are you picking those up for' look. "Why for chain link fencing, of course." She wasn't a bit surprised. Now all I have to do is go fish them out of the suit jacket pocket when its time to build some fences.

HD