Build Thread - SKOT R3M Orlik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all long time no postsign1

Just started my latest attempt to actually finish a model i start:mrgreen:

As the title says its the Orlik SKOT R3M 1/25 Scale

Only started it today so have not done much,scanned the original then put it under lock and key :twisted:,then ripping apart an old jigsaw box to use for the 1mm backing card ,got all the main framework laminated onto the card,cut them out and as i type,the first few bits are held together with 5 clamps while the glue dries......

need to pay a visit to the shops for some paints me thinks,

Question:without spending too much money , are poster paints (i think they called) the type you mix with a bit of water ,ok for painting some off the model???

And please don't answer with things like "oh i use these at £10 a pot" ... I DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY!...

When i have done a bit more i will start posting some build pics, if i can remember how to get the damn pics on here???:mrgreen:

anyways ...

laterz all

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 14
C

cgutzmer

You dont really have to paint it at all.... there are other options :) its a personal preference. Can we get a cover shot? :)
Chris

Progress Pics

As i said in my first post i have not done much .... attached is a pic of progress so far ....
made an error on one part so had to cut it out and re glue ...

not a very good pic sorry ...still can't use the camera :mrgreen:

Attachments

• JD501801.jpg
    JD501801.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 32

josve

That seems like a huge model!
Looking forward to follow your construction report!
I've been thinking of getting this one myselves on my next order from Orlik.

Nemesis7485

Hi Lolz. Yup, it's me. that bad penny that keeps turning up. :)

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it, matey. Keep us posted.

Amazyah

That seems like a huge model!
Looking forward to follow your construction report!
I've been thinking of getting this one myselves on my next order from Orlik.

You'll love this one Johnny!!! I guarantee!:thumb:
It is our kind of kit! It has a detailed interior and lots of extra little details but at the same time, it is not too overbearing.
What I mean is, lots of little details to make it interesting but there isn't 10,000 parts either!:rolleyes:
It looks like a really enjoyable kit and I think you will really like it Johnny!

Did I mention that I have the lasers for it too?!
hehehe:twisted:

As far as paint goes, I use acrylics.
I get mine at a local hobby shop, in little plastic bottles. They cost about 50 cents which I guess is about 1/4 pound.
I even look in the sale section and sometimes you can get them for half off.
The price won't hurt too bad if you get them just a couple at a time.
Grey is neutral and if you use it for edges, it blends in fairly well and goes with most models without any trouble.
Mix in a tiny bit of black or white and you can get any shade you desire.
Just by mixing a few basic colors, you can come up with a myriad of shades and it is not too hard on the budget either.

Looking great so far!:cool:
Can't wait to see more!

Russell

Progress Pics

a couple more pics for you,,,

and a couple of errors in kit , prob my printing??

part 1hp :- too long at the back end,you can just see it on the first photo,bit of re cutting and it was fine.i checked it against the other side and is now the same,

part 1j :- not really an error but worth noting , when i glued the first one on it appeared to me to be to big , so i trimmed it down ... DO NOT TRIM lol it is the correct size!!!, i had to cut it out and make a new bit.

anyways must go .. will try to get another pic on later today , if i get a bit more done ...

thanx to all for following the thread

laterz

Attachments

• JD501805.jpg
    JD501805.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 17
  • JD501809.jpg
    JD501809.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 17
update

Just to give those following this thread an update....

can't take any progress pics because the wife has gone to a family get together and taken the camera .... sorry.

Also i don't know if it's the original kit itself or my scanning and printing thats at fault,but i have had a lot of issues so far ...

the framework is made up of parts 1a-1t .... as i have been adding each part i have been thinking ahead and checking all other parts that join on .... and what i have found is that a lot are wrong in one way or another ...

Before i get to far in to the build i need to decide if it is going to go together ok if i carry on ?????

again i must point out that i can't say that the kit has design faults because i am trying to build my own re-printed kit...

anyways need to try and have a look at some more of the parts before continuing with the build ..

laterz all ....

happy building

Build Stopped

build has now stopped on yet another balls up lol

have just completed two models i got from the cheap shop.....

have now started on my next project ...

will not start a thread on that till its finished lmao

laterz all have fun

Dragos

Hello to all!
I've noticed this thread about an Orlik model and I want to say my opinion.
I'm currently building a paper model from Orlik, no is not the SKOT it is the BRDM 96i . I have a thread about this on a french forum (http://www.maquettes-papier.net/forumenpapier/forum13.php ).
I believe that imavingalaughaswell has right Orlik's models are not so easy to build. Many of the pieces don't quite fit, I have to improvise a lot. Too many pieces and few intructions :cry: . I'm never going to build another model from Orlik (ok , maybe with the exception of the IAR-80 because is the only one at a scale greater that 1:72 )
This is how my model looks now , when I'm gona finnish him maybe I will make a thread about him. Until then be advised: Orlik's model are not very easy to build!

Attachments

• Resize_of_IMG_1334_106.jpg
    Resize_of_IMG_1334_106.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.