Build: Goodyear F2G Super Corsair, 1:32, Gremir

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rlwhitt, Jan 27, 2007.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Padre - could you take few photos without flash?
    Natural sunlight preferably so maybe I could include them on the web page?
  2. Padre

Padre Guest

Best i could do, I already closed the cockpit. Use what you can.

Attached Files:

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

4. Padre

Padre Guest

F4U Super Corsair N31518

The Super Corsair caught fire and crashed at the Phoenix 500 Unlimited Air Race on March 19, 1994. Pilot Kevin Eldridge struck the left horizontal stabilizer and was seriously injured as he exited the flaming airplane.

I was there when it crashed, flame shot out the exaust for about 100 feet, it pulled up out of the formation, with more flame coming out (the news cast said he ejected from the plane, they did not realize he had to climb out by himself as those planes of that era did NOT have ejection seats :rofl: ). I think I still have pictures of the crash somewhere (disk, old zip disk or something {dang, the memory is going})
  5. Padre

Padre Guest

F4U Super Corsair N31518

The Super Corsair caught fire and crashed at the Phoenix 500 Unlimited Air Race on March 19, 1994. Pilot Kevin Eldridge struck the left horizontal stabilizer and was seriously injured as he exited the flaming airplane.

I was there when it crashed, flame shot out the exaust for about 100 feet, it pulled up out of the formation, with more flame coming out (the news cast said he ejected from the plane, they did not realize he had to climb out by himself as those planes of that era did NOT have ejection seats :rofl: ). I think I still have pictures of the crash somewhere (disk, old zip disk or something {dang, the memory is going})
  6. shrike

shrike Guest

I was there too, but not in the right spot to see much.

I remember the purple Sea Fury (tinted Future floor wax over polished alu for temporary paint) and the equally purple language used by the pilot thereof to describe the organizers when i talked to him at an event later. Seems that none of the purses were paid out.
  7. shrike

shrike Guest

I was there too, but not in the right spot to see much.

I remember the purple Sea Fury (tinted Future floor wax over polished alu for temporary paint) and the equally purple language used by the pilot thereof to describe the organizers when i talked to him at an event later. Seems that none of the purses were paid out.