Buffalo Central Terminal Train Show - 9/10

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
I'm being lazy and mostly copying directly from the BCT website http://www.buffalocentralterminal.org . I will be there (coming out of "retirement") with my Starter Layout, World's Greatest Hobby display and handouts and door prizes from Atlas and Micro-Trains.

The Buffalo Central Terminal Restoration Corporation announces our first annual Model Train Show which will take place on Sunday, September 10th 2006 from 10am-4pm. Come join us for what will be a truly historic event! Model train layouts in all scales will adorn the main concourse of the Buffalo Central Terminal, and over 120 vendors will be selling model trains and related items, videos, DVDs, books, photographs and exclusive Central Terminal merchandise. This is a must-see event for model train hobbyists and railfans alike, as it is showcased in one of the most beautiful art deco train terminals in the nation.

Food and refreshments will be available, as well as activities for children, door prizes, and plenty of free parking. Admission to the show is $2.00 for children (3-12), $5.00 for adults, or $10.00 per family (2 adults and 2 children). All proceeds for this event go directly to the preservation and restoration of the historic Buffalo Central Terminal.

The Central Terminal is located at 495 Paderewski Drive in Buffalo in the historic Broadway-Fillmore area. This is not far off of Broadway (NY Route 130). The official directions are Interstate 190 to Exit 4 (Fillmore/Smith Street), then north off the exit and then right onto Paderewski Drive. The entrance has recently been repaved!