Bucyrus Railfan Part2.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
First up is a picture of the Benson yard..These cars are being held for Transco a contract car repair and rebuilder.
Second up.We have return to Col-San and caught this NS train about to rattle the diamonds.
Followed by another NS train. Part 3 to follow later.

Attachments

• Picture-015.jpg
    Picture-015.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture-016.jpg
    Picture-016.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture-010.jpg
    Picture-010.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture-021.jpg
    Picture-021.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 85

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
nice shots

Thats some really nice pics. I get some good shots when I'm down in Nashville like that. The 101st div coming home soon and I can get some good pics of mil trains again. would you have any close up pics of those wrecked covered hoppers?
Tony

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jim,That's real grass..Perhaps I should say Ohio wild grass? I only use image ready to size the pictures and optimize.I use Photoshop to enlarge the image and crop the picture if needed..I really don't know how to use Photoshop beyond that.:eek:ops: I don't have print shop.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
close ups

Hey larry,
Was wondering if you had a chance to get some close up sots of those covered hoppers,would make a nice detail to have kicking around the layout.
Tony

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
brakie said:
Jim,That's real grass..Perhaps I should say Ohio wild grass? I only use image ready to size the pictures and optimize.I use Photoshop to enlarge the image and crop the picture if needed..I really don't know how to use Photoshop beyond that.:eek:ops: I don't have print shop.
just funning you Brakie the only way we see green grass around a railroad track this time of year is if it goes across someones lawn .:)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
pennman said:
Hey larry,
Was wondering if you had a chance to get some close up sots of those covered hoppers,would make a nice detail to have kicking around the layout.
Tony

Tony not yet..Due to the high humidity over the last 2 days I am having a rough time health wise..I will try in the morning when its still cool..:D

Jim,The reason we call that type of grass "Ohio wild grass because it will grow anywhere including stoney fields and there a lot of clover,crab grass and weeds mix together in it.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
The Heat

Larry,
I can understand that its been in the high 90's plus all week down here and there are no signs of it letting up either.

Got to see something interesting though the other day, I was working on the road by the CSX main In NAshville, I heard the sound of wheels on track and didnt hear and engine Well when I looked up here comes a box car nothing else rolling down the tracks. As the car passed I saw a breakman on the back of the car riding the ladder and working the brake down to the next siding where it was to be set out. A few minutes later here comes an mp1500 and picks him up.
I thought they stopped this practice of rolling cars. Its nice to see they still do things the old way.
Tony
Yes, I know need to start caring my camera with me more ofton:wave: