Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
My next build will be the two-seater HBB-TF to finish off my curent collection, but there are a few other (real life) things that I have to take care of first.
Once the DJ-TF is released, I will build that one as well.
I may not do a build thread on these models, but I will post photos of course.

Revell-fan and I will continue to update all of you on our prgress with this and other related project that are relavent to this (project) thread. So please stay tuned. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just have to ask... Any progress on the cockpits for these beauties?
Cockpits are doing fine! I'm revising the shape of some parts so that they fit better. In addition, I have melted some parts to decrease the number of parts. Stay tuned!:wave:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good work, RB! :thumb: That's exactly what makes all of this interesting: mixing and matching it all together. This is exactly the Apogee / ILM / Universal Hartland way. In the old days they invented a name for that: kit-bashing.

I have completed the assembly instructions and have sent them to RB to see if there are any gaps or mistakes. Once I get his report I send the whole package to Martin. And then we'll see if HE likes it..! :twisted:

Oh, and here is a sneak peak at the RMQ Concept Viper. This time I am working with SketchUp assistance. However, I fear that this and the cockpits will need a bit more time since I was whipped back on track to get the Colonial blaster ready. Stay tuned! :wave:

Attachments

• RMQ1.jpg
    RMQ1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 19

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you RF.
I am very familiar with the term "KIT-BASHING" ;)
When I first started building models, I would save the extra parts and once I had enough to "play with", I would put them together and see what I came up with. Sometimes it was a cool outcome, sometimes it was not so cool. I learned quite a bit from kit-bashing.

I am quite interested to see just how the RMQ Concept Viper turns out.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you RF.
I am very familiar with the term "KIT-BASHING" ;)
When I first started building models, I would save the extra parts and once I had enough to "play with", I would put them together and see what I came up with. Sometimes it was a cool outcome, sometimes it was not so cool. I learned quite a bit from kit-bashing.

I'm sure people will like it! :thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator

Got a pic of the RMQ Viper?:wave:[/QUOTE]

Here are two pics that show what it (generally) looks like.

McQuarrie-BSG-4.jpg

Viper_Concept.jpg
With the work that Revell-fan does, I am very curtain that the model will be TOP-NOTCH.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Great news

announce1I have really GREAT NEWS. All of the Thunder Fighter expantion packet are being hosted on Martin Saenger's website: http://www.paperaviation.de/Science-Fiction/science-fiction.html

I would like to thank Martin Saenger for approving and hosting expantion packets for us.

You can now download all of the Thunder Fighter expantion packets that we have built and have fun with building them.

I hope to see some really good models from all of you.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Some words from Martin:

"Hallo Marcell,

wow, das ist ja klasse! Da steckt eine Menge Arbeit, das weiß ich nur zu gut.

Klar, gerne werde ich die Dateien mit in meine Webseite integrieren. ...

Gruß
Martin"

Martin appreciates the hard work that went into creating all these models. Thank you, Martin! You are great indeed! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

announce1 To all fans: Please don't crash his site; I'm sure the models will stay there for quite some time!

I have also agiven him a sneak peak at the RMQ Viper. I hope he likes her when she is ready! CU! :wave:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
announce1 Just a reminder to all who are going to build this models. (With the exception of the DJ-TF) You will need to download the original model, because the MK-III (RETRO and ADVANCE), HBB-TF, and QUAD packets are just expansion packets!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
announce1 Just a reminder to all who are going to build this models. (With the exception of the DJ-TF) You will need to download the original model, because the MK-III (RETRO and ADVANCE), HBB-TF, and QUAD packets are just expansion packets!!!
announce1That is correct! :wave: