Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.
Great to see you're giving some fresh blood to this thread! :thumb:
With a new cockpit interior comes new seats. I attempted to make them a bit closer to canon.
This seat is the same size as the original, but the top angled corners are smaller.
Then base of the seat is assembled.
This is the spacer for the headrest.
Here is the headrest.
I was going to start a new thread, but decided that this build belongs here.
Compared to the first set this one will be at least business class (with the other being economy class :mrgreen: ). RB made a terrific job in revising the firts design.
I'll be revising the new parts and will prepare new plans for everyone to enjoy.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have just started the first post in the "Advanced Viper Development Project". Take a look at it:
Great idea! Then everything is kept together! :thumb:
Headrest is attached and seat texture added.
Comparing both the old and new seats.
One of Tiricks figurines used to test the seat.
Both seats are finished.
Well this new cockpit interior MEANS BUSINESS ALL THE WAY!!! :thumb::drag1:
Once I get the revised parts, I will post a build of it as well.
Adding components to the tub
Since i extended the tub by 5mm, I had to add an extension to the joystick mount/lower console.
Joystick mount/lower console attached.
Close-up of the joystick mount/lower console.
Front and rear seat in place.
Added a 5mm high side panel to help lower the tub and make it more canon.
This is more of a brace (or a bulk head) to help hold the backseat.
Backseat brace in place.
Here is the rear console.
The rear console is in place, but there is a 5mm gap between the side panels and the console.
I designed two side components to fill in the gaps.
Side components in place.
Here is a close-up of the components that I used for such.
I had to remove about 11mm of the front of the tub plate and added the side panels to help attach it to the underside of the skin.
Added formers to help with rigidity and attach it to the underside of the skin.
Great work, RB! Keep me busy! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Of course, I will keep you busy. Someone has to. So it might as well be me.sign1
Attaching the tub to the upper skin
I had to cut a larger hole for the new tub.
The tub is attached.
New front console components attached.
I printed another tub plate and use the front end to finish off the interior.
The new components will be attached to this piece in the final kit (to make for easy building).
I attached the front main console, the joystick, and throttle.
Different angle shots of the front section of the cockpit interior.
Full-on shot of the entire cockpit from behind.
As you can see, Tiricks figurine now fits perfectly in the cockpit interior.
Cockpit canopy attached. Yes, I know it is hinged. I like the hinged variant better.
TF test pilot ready for the test flight.
I am sorry that i did not show a complete build of the Thunder Fighter as a whole, but I just wanted to concentrate on the new cockpit interior.
Everything has been sent to Revell-fan for clean-up and revision. Once he is finished working his magic, I will make another fighter showing more.
I hope that you have enjoyed this.
Please stay tuned to your local EDD channel for further updates as they are made available.
WOW! Awesome, as is all your work!
I am going to start on the Four seat (QUAD) version now.
Mentor, that's what I call inspirational work of art (I hope that makes sense in English)! Amazing!:thumb::thumb:
More pics, please!:mrgreen:
It makes perfect sense. Thank you for the compliment and kind words of encouragements.
More photos are coming soon.