Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Z

Zathros

I would make a repainting tutorial a sticky , with credit given in big letters to the tutor(s), if someone or a few do it from beginning to end. I would love to see that done. I know it takes much effort. It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I suggest making a pdf tutorial which enables me to arrange the pics better for illustration, then have it uploaded to the download section and start a new thread on this to answer any questions you might have.

Z

Zathros

I suggest making a pdf tutorial which enables me to arrange the pics better for illustration, then have it uploaded to the download section and start a new thread on this to answer any questions you might have.

That sounds PERFECT!!! :thumb:

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
I have Adobe Acrobat and have done this type of thing before for other subjects (like fletching arrows). If you'd like help in that regard, let me know.

Z

Zathros

Fletching Arrows? Isn't that where you put the little rudder thingys on arrows, or has that phrase but taken up in illustration somehow, you got me there!!

Also, any kind of tutorial you would want to write up would be welcomed by so many in the community. My main experience mostly stems from my machinist/tool and dye/ CNC programming days. I found Rhino very intuitive and was able to transfer knowledge to that. I have Photoshop CS3 but the only thing I can do is basic recoloring and rearranging of parts, if I want to scale a model up.

I scaled up Lilla Weneda 200% of her original size, (the boat is now around 26" inches long) but that's about it. To be honest, I do it so little, it seems as if I have to relearn it each time! I attached a pictures of the boat, (I did actually build models once!), that 2 page model was around 26 pages after doubling the size! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 123

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
If you want, you can send me the step-by-step directions and the pictures, and I can do all the layout.

Nice boat, by the way.

And you're right, fletching is attaching the feathers to the arrows (or atlatl darts, in my case). I still have the tutorial somewhere on this machine.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Tf cockpit interior 2.0

Greetings Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been working on a new project. It is called TF cockpit interior 2.0.

After seeing Tirick's figurines (which can be found here: http://tcfgaming.com/), I decided to see if they would fit in the current cockpit interior. Unfortunately they did not. So that was what inspired me to work on this project.
There were quite a few changes that I had to make. I even added a few extra components.

I started off with using two screen shots that Silveroxide sent me (Thank you Silveroxide.)
am-25_display[1].jpg

am-25_display2[1].jpg

I also used a diagram that Alan Sinclair sent me. (You can find his work here: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/wizardofflight/Thunderfighter.html Thank you Alan.)
BR_starfighter_cockpit.jpg

I had to lengthen the tub by about 5 mm.
IMAG0233.jpg

Here is a close-up view of the tub.
IMAG0234.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Great to see you're giving some fresh blood to this thread! :thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
New Seats

With a new cockpit interior comes new seats. I attempted to make them a bit closer to canon.

This seat is the same size as the original, but the top angled corners are smaller.
IMAG0235.jpg

Then base of the seat is assembled.
IMAG0236.jpg

This is the spacer for the headrest.
IMAG0237.jpg

Spacer attached.
IMAG0238.jpg

Here is the headrest.
IMAG0239.jpg

Headrest assembled.
IMAG0240.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Compared to the first set this one will be at least business class (with the other being economy class :mrgreen: ). RB made a terrific job in revising the firts design.

I'll be revising the new parts and will prepare new plans for everyone to enjoy.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have just started the first post in the "Advanced Viper Development Project". Take a look at it:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173938

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Headrest is attached and seat texture added.
IMAG0241.jpg

Comparing both the old and new seats.
IMAG0242.jpg

One of Tiricks figurines used to test the seat.
IMAG0243.jpg

Both seats are finished.
IMAG0244.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Compared to the first set this one will be at least business class (with the other being economy class :mrgreen: ). RB made a terrific job in revising the firts design.

I'll be revising the new parts and will prepare new plans for everyone to enjoy.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have just started the first post in the "Advanced Viper Development Project". Take a look at it:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173938

Well this new cockpit interior MEANS BUSINESS ALL THE WAY!!! :thumb::drag1:

Once I get the revised parts, I will post a build of it as well.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Adding components to the tub

Since i extended the tub by 5mm, I had to add an extension to the joystick mount/lower console.
IMAG0246.jpg

Joystick mount/lower console attached.
IMAG0247.jpg

Close-up of the joystick mount/lower console.
IMAG0248.jpg

Front and rear seat in place.
IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

Added a 5mm high side panel to help lower the tub and make it more canon.
IMAG0251.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Rear console.

Here is the rear console.
IMAG0257.jpg

The rear console is in place, but there is a 5mm gap between the side panels and the console.
IMAG0258.jpg

I designed two side components to fill in the gaps.
IMAG0260.jpg

Side components in place.
IMAG0261.jpg

Here is a close-up of the components that I used for such.
SIDE ANGLED CONSOLES.jpg