Buck Rogers Thunderfighter mods

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

The Gimp is a free alternative to Photoshop. I use it whenever it comes to editing bitmaps (a graphic file such as jpg or png). It is very powerful but requires some training. But once you've got used to it, you wouldn't like to miss it. There are many excellent tutorials available online. BTW, the vector graphics I put in the pdf were made in CorelDRAW.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Is GIMP really that good? If it is, that is good to know. I have CS3 and CS5 but am not good at Photoshop. My bad because I don't spend the time. GIMP is free, which is really good. :)
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

Gimp is a very good program. Like I said before, I have been playing with it. I like it. I just need to spend more time with it and fully learn how to use all of the cool functions. I am also attempting to learn CorelDraw as well.
    I HIGHLY reccomend both programs.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I had Corel draw on the hard drive that blew up, it was a very late version. I can't find the discs darn it. I installed in but never even opened it!tooth1
  5. Revell-Fan

Attached Files:

Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  6. Rhaven Blaack

These are GREAT prints.
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Those are GREAT prints, commercial quality! You could easily write a tutorial on it. I'd make it a sticky!!! :)
  8. Revell-Fan

Thank you :)oops:)! I've been doing these sort of things for a very long time. BTW, the R2 units in the Star Wars pic were painted with a 1 pix big brush.

What about a recolouring tutorial?
  9. arkon

arkon Member

i would be grateful for a recolouring tutorial.(make it easyier for me to make a BSG thunderfighter!!)
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Which BSG TF do you want?
  11. Revell-Fan

Let me guess: BOTH! :twisted:
  12. knightstalker527

knightstalker527 Member

Yes Please :D:grin:
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I would make a repainting tutorial a sticky , with credit given in big letters to the tutor(s), if someone or a few do it from beginning to end. I would love to see that done. I know it takes much effort. It would be greatly appreciated. :)
  14. Revell-Fan

I suggest making a pdf tutorial which enables me to arrange the pics better for illustration, then have it uploaded to the download section and start a new thread on this to answer any questions you might have.
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That sounds PERFECT!!! :thumb:
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

I have Adobe Acrobat and have done this type of thing before for other subjects (like fletching arrows). If you'd like help in that regard, let me know.
  17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Fletching Arrows? Isn't that where you put the little rudder thingys on arrows, or has that phrase but taken up in illustration somehow, you got me there!!

Also, any kind of tutorial you would want to write up would be welcomed by so many in the community. My main experience mostly stems from my machinist/tool and dye/ CNC programming days. I found Rhino very intuitive and was able to transfer knowledge to that. I have Photoshop CS3 but the only thing I can do is basic recoloring and rearranging of parts, if I want to scale a model up.

I scaled up Lilla Weneda 200% of her original size, (the boat is now around 26" inches long) but that's about it. To be honest, I do it so little, it seems as if I have to relearn it each time! I attached a pictures of the boat, (I did actually build models once!), that 2 page model was around 26 pages after doubling the size! :)

Attached Files:

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

If you want, you can send me the step-by-step directions and the pictures, and I can do all the layout.

Nice boat, by the way.

And you're right, fletching is attaching the feathers to the arrows (or atlatl darts, in my case). I still have the tutorial somewhere on this machine.
  19. Revell-Fan

20. Rhaven Blaack

Tf cockpit interior 2.0

Greetings Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been working on a new project. It is called TF cockpit interior 2.0.

After seeing Tirick's figurines (which can be found here: http://tcfgaming.com/), I decided to see if they would fit in the current cockpit interior. Unfortunately they did not. So that was what inspired me to work on this project.
    There were quite a few changes that I had to make. I even added a few extra components.

I started off with using two screen shots that Silveroxide sent me (Thank you Silveroxide.)
    am-25_display[1].jpg

am-25_display2[1].jpg

I also used a diagram that Alan Sinclair sent me. (You can find his work here: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/wizardofflight/Thunderfighter.html Thank you Alan.)
    BR_starfighter_cockpit.jpg

I had to lengthen the tub by about 5 mm.
    IMAG0233.jpg

Here is a close-up view of the tub.
    IMAG0234.jpg