Buck Rogers Land Rover

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
RF,

Great job!! :animated::bowdown::bowdown::Bravo::Drinks::King::King:

You know now that I think of it it sort of looks like the hovercraft from Logan's Run (a movie and a TV series). The vehicles were from the TV series.

l-age-10.jpg

Another Logan's Run vehicle

a7e72a7a11ae0c28ea18871158f09b63.jpg

Thanks again for sharing your talent with us. Looking forward to the templates.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

That would look easy to make, and look really good! :)

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It looks so, indeed. The first one looks a bit like the Henderson Streamliner and would go nicely with Gary's model. We'll see if I have the time to make it. :)

AHHHHHHHHH, BTW, the sun is shining again!!! I have taken some beauty pics and will post them this afternoon. Stay tuned, the project is about to be finished! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Reactions: Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
@Sky Seeker : I have never seen the Logan's Run TV show and was curious. After a quick google search I found this interesting thread:

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=1771

Later there is THIS:

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=1771&start=130

With these references you may indeed see a paper model of the Solar Car some day. :)

RF,

This is great! This is the second type of post I've seen on this vehicle. I think that previous one was from youtube a while back.

Quite buildable.

Thanks for sharing.

Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@Sky Seeker :

I have been tinkering a bit:

solarcar1.jpg

This is just a quick test to learn how the car is put together (I have roughly sketched the left half of it). It is indeed a very easy vehicle and should make a cute model. I have noticed some minor flaws in the fan-made model which obviously were caused by the way it was constructed; several lines are not straight. I'll try to avoid that in the final paper model. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Rhaven,

I'm seeing that X-mas is arriving early! Looking forward to the rest of this build! Also, still waiting on the template(s) for the build above. Looking forward to an afternoon (or two or three) of building sometime.

Sky Seeker

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Folks, since I'm a bit on track with tracked vehicles now (pun intended! ;) ) I'd like to tell you that I'm looking forward to making another vehicle soon, after the LG and OTT cars have been finished. This time it is a vehicle from the baddies but I won't tell you what it is right now. Maybe... MAYBE... You guess what it is??? :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Cylon tank from the Universal Studios tour?

Hmmm... haven't seen that one before. Outside of this did anyone see it in the series and if so what episode in the old BSG? It would make for a pretty cool model.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@ASC Mclaren : Wow, that was quick! :Congrats:

That vehicle was built exclusively for the Universal Studio Tour. They even redesigned the Imperious Leader and added a new Alien design.

Reactions: ASC Mclaren