Buck Rogers Land Rover

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Revelle-Fan, just how many clones of yourself have you made!?! How do you bang these models out!! Incredible, and much greeble potential!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
1/18th would be a nice offering though, even if you didn't make it. It would make a great Christmas gift. ;)

Reactions: ASC Mclaren

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This is looking really good!
I know that it is not canon, however, it would be cool to make the headlights swivel (have a handle inside for the operators to move them back and forth).

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You have the fingers that would enable you to play string instruments, such as the Violin, in case you did not know. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This is looking really good!
I know that it is not canon, however, it would be cool to make the headlights swivel (have a handle inside for the operators to move them back and forth).

Although, thinking about it now, this version was only featured in (a very small scene in) the pilot episode. So there is really no true way to say if the headlights did or did not rotate.

The builder has the chance to rotate them though. ;)

When I make the detailed version, I will make headlights rotate and show how they rotate (It will be based on the concept of a police car searchlight).
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The screenshots show they are directed not straight forward but slightly angled to the sides. That makes me believe that they indeed have a svivel joint. The plans tell you exactly where to cut a hole and insert a rod. I glued them into place on my model only because of time constraints. Ya know, there are still two other vehicles to be built to conclude this project! ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
BTW, I had an idea how to revise the undercarriage. It should be much easier to build now. Here are the progress pics of today:

DSCF7094.jpg

These are the parts for the turret.

DSCF7096.jpg

Some of them are a bit small. :D ;)

DSCF7097.jpg

Since they used the Landram turret on the Rover I'm doing the same. ;)

There is a stopper inside the gun mount which ensures that the turrets are mounted straight and do not interfere with the tube inside.

DSCF7098.jpg

DSCF7102.jpg

DSCF7103.jpg

The hole inside the mount tells you where to attach the stopper.

DSCF7105.jpg

DSCF7106.jpg

DSCF7109.jpg

DSCF7110.jpg