Buck Rogers Land Rover

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
And so she is ready to go:

View attachment 164526

The stoppers prevent the model from bouncing around. You may choose if it is heading toward the left or the right:

View attachment 164522

Overall views of the completed box:

View attachment 164523

View attachment 164524

View attachment 164525

View attachment 164527

Now on to the other two! :)

Wow!:surprise: :surprise::surprise:That really looks like it could be sold on a store shelf! thumbsup Excellent job!:King::King::King:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The instructions are ready and I have made a recolour of the Rover Mk. I in the style of the old MEGO vintage toy. Since the proportions of both models are different I had to use some creative license to make everything fit. The result is not a model of the vintage toy but a model of the real vehicle dressed like the vintage toy. Sounds weird but trust me, you'll like it. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And the last one of the batch:

Prepare for the

DRACONIAN COMBAT ROVER!

DSCF2456.jpg

Since Buck has been declared a persona non grata by the Draconian Empire the box was "adapted" accordingly.

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2465.jpg

DSCF2466.jpg

And , of course, this version is a "special" as well and not available everywhere:

DSCF2467.jpg

:D ;)

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
So, what is the "free gift" that you get from redeeming the "proof of purchase" tokens that are on the boxes? :cool::smoker::sticktongue:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

ALERT! ALERT!

While looking for some views at Twiki's neck I found out that the Land Rover Mk. I template is missing a crucial piece. It is as unusual as it is mind-blowing. This piece was nearly impossible to make out in the previous VHS and DVD releases but the BluRay showed it in all its (foggy) glory and I must confess, if I hadn't been standing right in front of the TV screen I would have never noticed it. But here it is and we have to deal with it somehow. Are you ready for the shocking reveal? Alright. Brace yourselves and take a close look at THIS:

IMG_20220930_120327.jpg

THERE IS A NUMBER RIGHT ON THE RIGHT FRONT WINDOW!!!

Don't ask me why they did that. There would have been plenty of space on the lower window frame to add this element. Now then. Since it is there it has to be added to the templates. But since it obscures the vision of the pilots inside painting this number on the window does not make much sense. So I have decided to add an optional screen accurate window piece to the plans:

lr-363.png

So in the end it is up to you which one you choose to install. The files were updated accordingly. Have fun and enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It can be seen in the DVD screenshots but it was so blurry that I thought it was a reflection from something inside. I would never have believed someone painting a BIG number directly onto the front window! :hammerhead:

BTW, the font I chose is pure guesswork though. It can be the standard Trek font which was used for the Buck Rogers TV series title, too, but I thought the Enterprise registry font would fit nicely because it comes very close to the Armadillo font used by the US military ;)