Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Greetings to all and to all hello,

I know it has been awhile sense I have posted a model here, so here is my latest build.

It is Martin Saengers Thunder Fighter that I have recoloured in BSG colours. I did get permission form him. Here is both the request and responce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack
Thank you.
As soon as I am done with it, I will post the finished model.

Would you like a copy of the recoloured sheets for your own collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Saenger
Hi!

No problem, you can show your recolored TF. But, as you already said, please do not publish the sheets.

Regards
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack
As you know I built your thunderfighter awhile back.
I have recently recoloured it in BSG colours (just to add to my own collection.

I was wondering if it would be OK with you, if I posted it, once I built it?

I of course would give you credit for designing it, and NO, I would not Upload the recoloured model sheets. (if some one wants one, they will have to do the work of recolouring it.),
Like I said, this is ONLY for my own collection.

If you would like, I can email you a copy of what I have done.

Thank you and kind regards.

(FOR THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE RECOLOURED KIT. I WILL NOT RELEASE IT TO ANY ONE EXEPT FOR MARTIN SAENGER HIM SELF. SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK!!!)
SP_A0266.jpg

SP_A0270.jpg

SP_A0271.jpg

SP_A0272.jpg

SP_A0273.jpg

SP_A0274.jpg

SP_A0275.jpg

SP_A0267.jpg

SP_A0268.jpg

As you can see (unfortunately not that clearly I have left Martin Saengers registry mark on the base of the stand and I also put on the stand that he created it and I recouloured it.
I tried to get a close-up shot of the cockpit canopy (unfortunately it is not that clear) where I have put the name of my mother as the pilot.
The reason for this is because it is an "In Memory Of" model. My mother passed away two years ago and she loved both Buck Rogers and BSG. So I desided to build this model for her and put her name as the pilot. I also put some "CYLON SYMBLES" to denote her kills.
I also placed my scratch built MK-3 next to it for comparison, and they are both about the same scale.

I hope all of you enjoy it.

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
My sentiments as well. I built it in BSG colors as well. It has made a few cameo appearances in some of my build threads or comments, but I never did a build thread on it. One thing that I have not done, is build a cockpit for it. The design lends itself to construct a good cockpit layout and landing skids as well. It is a very well done model and the parts do fit together well but you just have to be careful with the gun ports, front turbines inlet and the exhaust. I enjoyed building it as well.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
My sentiments as well. I built it in BSG colors as well. It has made a few cameo appearances in some of my build threads or comments, but I never did a build thread on it. One thing that I have not done, is build a cockpit for it. The design lends itself to construct a good cockpit layout and landing skids as well. It is a very well done model and the parts do fit together well but you just have to be careful with the gun ports, front turbines inlet and the exhaust. I enjoyed building it as well.

Thank you very much for you kind words.
I have seen your version of this wonderful fighter, and it does look very good as well. You did a good job on it. As you may recall, I did a scratch build of my own design of the Thunder Fighter and designated it MK-3. I had built a detailed cockpit (unfortunately I did not make the canopy open) You had featured your fighter in that thread (interesting, as you can see in the photos, both my scratch build and this one are just about the same scale / size).
While studying this plane, I realized that the original designer did not take landing gear into account. Granted, there is a landing skid on the front end, but it looks like it was put on as an after thought. REALLY look at the line drawing of it and ask yourself, "Where does the landing gear go?" you will see what I mean.
One major thing that I do like about the over all design, is the fact that you can do so much with it and the platform lends itself to so many variants.