BTTF Time Train, Anyone?

PRRman

Dum-Dum Pop Addict
Come on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw Back to the Future and thought, "Man, that time machine train thingy would be SO cool to have on my layout!" Obviously, the only way to achieve that would be a severe kitbashing. I'd do it myself, but...I have no experience whatsoever with kitbashing.hamr So, uh...if anyone's working on a model of that (NOT a paper one, I already saw that) or is just plain interested, please post on here, because I'm really bored right now.:p

KentBy

GN, NP, SP&S
Don't forget the Delorean....

Come on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw Back to the Future and thought, "Man, that time machine train thingy would be SO cool to have on my layout!" Obviously, the only way to achieve that would be a severe kitbashing. I'd do it myself, but...I have no experience whatsoever with kitbashing.hamr So, uh...if anyone's working on a model of that (NOT a paper one, I already saw that) or is just plain interested, please post on here, because I'm really bored right now.:p

Anyone know where I could pickup a HO Delorean to kit-bash?:twisted:

Kent

nkp174

I made one for n-scale as a little kid...using a micromachines Porsch 911. It was sooo much fun to push it around my little n-scale layout with an 0-6-0.

First you need a car...then you remove the bottom panel an replace it with railroad wheels. You then add whatever you want to make it "look right".

Anyone know where I could pickup a HO Delorean to kit-bash?:twisted:
Kent

If you find one, let me know. I've been looking for one for 3 years. Reel Rides was supposed to release one last November but it hasn't appeared yet. You can find 1:65 scale, which is close. I started to kitbash a Lamborguini and stopped when I heard about the RR release. Guess I'll have to start up again. I plan on having a couple on the BAD Western. One hidden in the Delgado Mine out by boot hill and another being pushed by a 4-4-0 to 88 mph.
Doc

PRRman

Dum-Dum Pop Addict
Not the DeLorean, :curse: it! The train! THE TRAIN! You know, the one Doc was operating at the VERY END?!wall1hamr:killer::winter1::java1:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Not the DeLorean, :curse: it! The train! THE TRAIN! You know, the one Doc was operating at the VERY END?!wall1hamr:killer::winter1::java1:

Calm down man, the train only had like, 5 minutes of screen time total, and that was at the very end of BTTF 3. Maybe some pics might help:
train_bttf3.jpg

SPOILER ALERT: by this point in the trilogy, Marty managed to get the DeLorean destoyed by this guy:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Diesel10.jpg
sign1

nkp174

Get an old Mantua 4-6-0...and then add all sorts of pieces of brass wire and stryene.

The underlying locomotive is based on Sierra RR #3...which is what Mantua's Roger's 4-6-0 is based on.

PRRman

Dum-Dum Pop Addict
train_bttf3.jpg

Doc: It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!:p
Marty: Doc, it's a train. It's not alive. Did you get into the coffee again?
Doc: Maybe a little...

nkp174

PRRman, it's fine. I regularly kill my own threads...I make wordy posts and then frequently no one responds :)

DMC-4-6-0

Im working on both the versions of the train in HO scale using the Way OLD Mantua 4-6-0's as my starting point. The stock train will just get paint and detailing , but the Time Train will require lots of scratch built stuff JOY :mrgreen:

I just started the project and found this site while looking for info / pictures. well wish me luck

Cameron AKA MR Delorean Las Vegas

CNWman

CNW Fan
Im working on both the versions of the train in HO scale using the Way OLD Mantua 4-6-0's as my starting point. The stock train will just get paint and detailing , but the Time Train will require lots of scratch built stuff JOY :mrgreen:

I just started the project and found this site while looking for info / pictures. well wish me luck

Cameron AKA MR Delorean Las Vegas

Please post progress pics if you can, this is something I'd like to see, too. As for all the extra scratchbuilt details, would taking them off of a paper model design work?

DMC-4-6-0

that would rock out loud if someone could make it HO scale:eek:

I nabed the file and am looking at using it as ref (since it looks spot on) but I have No clue how to size it to my Mantua HO 4-6-0 to help with making hard parts

PRRman

Dum-Dum Pop Addict
Sorry, I've been out for awhile. You know, $#!% happens sign1. Anyway, thanks for taking up the challenge, DMC. Like CNWman said, please post progress pics periodically (man, that's a lot of P's):p. Oh, and good luck with it! May your rails stay straight and your boiler stay under pressure:thumb:!