BSG Viper Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dr. Aerospace, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Dr. Aerospace

Dr. Aerospace New Member

Folks, I just completed the Battlestar Galactica Viper from Paper Toy Box and decided to make it the subject of my VERY FIRST POST here on Zealot. As I mentioned, this is the Paper Toy Box Viper; unfortunately I can't include a live link because I'm a newbie, but check out geocities.jp and look for the /papertoy_box page.

Very easy build: mostly straight-line folds with three cylinders thrown in for engines and the fuselage. I probably spent a total of 3 hours on the build. It scales out almost perfectly to 1/35 scale (it's pretty big). I used 90 lb weight paper for the build; I would not recommend going any lighter than that due to the size of the model.

See attachements for photos. I believe this is the best FREE original series Viper around.

Attached Files:

2. Commander Adama

Commander Adama Member

Welcome

Very nice and very clean build. I may have another one soon myself.
  3. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Very nice, very clean! Linky to find model?

edit:

Durrr... do a little googling, ekuth. Found it, and also this one:

Nice, in a red and blue variant:

http://siriusreplicas.com/models/misc/paper/viper_mk1pm.htm

Edit edit:

Which, apparently IS the Papertoybox viper, but recolored; with credit given to the original designer. Nice touch, actually. Launch rail looks good too.
  4. Dr. Aerospace

Dr. Aerospace New Member

Thanks for the link to the Sirius Replicas site. He corrected a couple of things that bugged me with the original model plus the weathering is terrific. I like the X-wing he also has posted on the site. Awesome pointer to these models! Thanks a bunch!
  5. Dr. Aerospace

Dr. Aerospace New Member

Sirius Replicas Viper

I just started building the weathered version of the Viper from the Sirius Replicas site. Note in the attached photo that I'm building the blue version in the native 1/35 scale that the model is provided in, plus I scaled down the red version to 1/72 and am building that at the same time.

The 90 lb paper that I typically use is proving to be a bit heavy for the 1/72 scale version. Next time I'll probably use something closer to 65 lb paper. But I still highly recommend the 90 lb paper for the larger 1/35 scale version.

Attached Files:

6. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

In the gallery section, there is a build by ssquirrel, and there is another by myself with a cockpit interior, and landing gear. I cannot seem to find my cockpit reference but you can find it at adamas hangar bay thread near the end.:wave::wave::wave: