BSG Stealthstar

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This looks GREAT!!! your work is AMAZING!!! The amount of detail is OUTSTANDING!!!
I am looking forward to building it.

silveroxide

stealthstar

Thanks Rhaven, for the comments.

Some more updates on that canopy and stuff. As mentioned before, You have two tries with the double bubble. Just keep trimming the edges carefully and constantly checking for the fit. Next posting will be on the placement and gluing of the canopy with regular white glue. I used super glue in the past, but it had a tendency to glaze and fog the canopy. Now I use my sticky label technique and it works without the danger of the super glue sticking to your fingers and heavens forbid, finger to model. See you around in the next posting.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 22

silveroxide

stealthstar

More on the canopy and stuff.

That last pic is out of sequence, it should have been the second pic this posting.

I took the avery labels and colored a section that I will cut into thin strips to place around the rim of the canopy. The reason for this, is that this way the trim sticks to the acetate and the glue will have better adhesion. Instead of gluing acetate to paper, you have paper to paper adhesion.

The Stealthstar is just about done. I am working on the extras and did a test plan sheet that came out with better details and is only 225kb, which is uploadable. Working on that mule and the tow bar. This one of those times that I am actually doing two projects at the same time and not running into too many conflicts. Plus I am posting the builds on another site (PM) as well.:wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is really looking GREAT!!!
I like the amount of detail that you have put into this model.
I like your idea for the canopy, simple and effective.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

silveroxide

stealthstar

As mentioned a while back in one of my builds, if just one person learns something from my build, then it is all worth it.

The final touch are the rear wings.

Well this bird is done, now to work on the display to show it off.:wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 26
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 38

Elliott

Congratulations on another fine scratchbuild! I've learned from this thread as I have through your other scratchbuilds. Thank you.

silveroxide

stealthstar

I will be out of the network for a couple of weeks but the plans are almost done. I size them to a loadable size and had a little loss on the details.

Still working on a few details but it should be ready soon. I still have to add that tow mule, tow bar and the base.:wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• plan 1.jpg
    plan 1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 46
  • plan 2.jpg
    plan 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 42
  • plan3.jpg
    plan3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 47
  • plan 4.jpg
    plan 4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 38

silveroxide

stealthstar

Here are a few add ons for this model. The BSG tow mule. The plans are in the download section under the Battle Star Galactica sub Category. Enjoy, I will start the build thread on the mule shortly.:wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 97
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 31

silveroxide

The Stealth Star is now available in the download section in the Battle Star Galactica sub category. Enjoy the model as much as I did in building it.

Strength and Honor
Silveroxide

silveroxide

In reply to a comment in the download section. (This build is worthless without pics). Yes, that is the purpose of the no instructions with the downloads

I do not make my build sequence available with my downloads for exactly that reason. This is my way of deterring pirates. If they were to download my plans, then they would have to either find this site and download all of the build sequence or are forced to find this site to be able to build it. There is nothing more frustrating than to have a model that you want and not have the detail instructions on how to build it. Especially in the way that I make my models with different kinds of paper and folding procedures. This happened to a model of mine that wind up on a pirate site. I had to smile at the poor souls who downloaded the plans with no instructions. It was the Gatling Gun and it was very intricate and difficult to build unless you had the plans. You had to go to the sister site (papermodelers) to be able to follow the build process. I should have made that disclaimer on this site for all of my fellow modelers.

In reply to a comment in the download section. (This build is worthless without pics). Yes, that is the purpose of the no instructions with the downloads

I do not make my build sequence available with my downloads for exactly that reason. This is my way of deterring pirates. If they were to download my plans, then they would have to either find this site and download all of the build sequence or are forced to find this site to be able to build it. There is nothing more frustrating than to have a model that you want and not have the detail instructions on how to build it. Especially in the way that I make my models with different kinds of paper and folding procedures. This happened to a model of mine that wind up on a pirate site. I had to smile at the poor souls who downloaded the plans with no instructions. It was the Gatling Gun and it was very intricate and difficult to build unless you had the plans. You had to go to the sister site (papermodelers) to be able to follow the build process. I should have made that disclaimer on this site for all of my fellow modelers.

good idea on your separating build info from the model itself...

i think it should be a must.

also, may i have permission to clean up your files and most importantly straighten the shapes of the parts on the sheet A? the fuselage looked lopsided there... up to you if you would like that, but with my growing GIMP skills(software nearly identical to photoshop, albeit free.)

also OOT here, am also asking jaybats and paragon to take a look at my factory mk2. all cleaned up with a better wing design for those who want to make wings through laminated process. also, yes, factory fresh!!

silveroxide

Shin kazama: Go for it. This is made for everyone's enjoyment. Change to your hearst content. Only thing is, post some pics of the build if you should attempt it. See you around in the forums.

Dyna-Soar

About what scale would you say this thing is in? I'm thinking of scaling it up to match my Revell Viper mk. I and Moebius Viper Mk.II

silveroxide

About what scale would you say this thing is in? I'm thinking of scaling it up to match my Revell Viper mk. I and Moebius Viper Mk.II

It is the same scale as Paragons. The Stealth Star is longer than the Mark II and Mark VII. I would assume it is about 1/48 scale.:wave:

You are welcome Dyna Soar. Waiting to see your version. Modify my build to your liking.

sorry to necropost here but damn what a busy holiday season, had to skip thanksgiving(had to celebrate at work, worth it, free beer. yeah beer.), chirstmas(got a USB drive lol) but crashed my laptop lost everythin except my skills. well workload not hyphaluting now and no more 3 hour overtime, so i have time..

silveroxide

Stealth fighter

When I designed this bird, There was little info on it. There is now a resin model of it and if you should decide to upgrade this bird, That resin model can give you some references. The same happened when I re-designed the Raptor, There was very little info on the interior until the Raptor was placed on the auction block and the details were there in abundance. The same can be said of the Blackbird, there is a lot of reference material on it now. If you build my version of the stealth fighter, you can modified to your hearts content. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.