Brushless motors the myths

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by mastmec, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

it doesnt it has to do with mastmes
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

exactly! why dont you gues just start a forum in the feedback area and burn each other there?
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

cause i would `bury` him.i dont want to make people feel bad.so i wouldnt do it.he just doesnt understand how he is wrong.maybe he does now.hopfully.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

5. timrock

timrock Active Member

6. Harry Butz

Harry Butz New Member

Do a search for Mega brushless and motors, maybe ad RC in the mix and you'll find some motors that can handle as much as 37 cells. I don't know the url, but there is a web page for a company called Model Electronic Corporation that sells them.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

dude you need to find me a link cause i chacked multiple sites and modt said 8 but one said 16 and some geared thing.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

ok i found an add in the june 2004 issue of rcca that might change some peoples oppinions on brushless. i also saw an add for a company called mamba. i dont know if it is ggod but heres their site: www.castlecreations.com
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matt1234@snet.net/album?.dir=/9f43

i dont know how to make the pics bigger so that you can read them but maybe if you copy and save it you can put it into word and make it bigger and not get warped.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

i didnt say that.

just saying as of now my brushed motor systems are way more powerful than any brushless motor system avalible on the market today.although,they do requier more maintaniance.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

i would prefer a brushed system
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would prefer a brushless system if there was one out there that any good.so far they suck
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

(Another) Milennium Falcon....

ya but i dont want to spend the same amount on a system as i would on a car
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Hey Timrock how much would 1 of YOUR brushless setups for a Team Losi Mini t or dont u sell to any other people be cause they are *high maintains* or *pricy*?
  14. brushless

brushless New Member

tim the reason e-maxxes only have 1 motor in it is not becuase the motors suck, its because man has yet to create a rc vehical to handle 2 brushless motors. a e-maxx with a "ONE" c50 on 12 cells will do 45+ mph do weelies in second gear. and have enough power to round out the inside of the rim on the truck. 2 c50 motors would melt the tranny gears up and break the sliders like they were butter, there would'nt be anything left of the rims. i have a lehner 5300 it is a 700 watt motor maxx rpm is 65000 www.finedesignrc.com is where i bought it. they come with lifetime warrenty on the motor. the most powerfull brushed motor has only 250 watts and will only last about 2 weeks before you have too rebuild it. i run it with 6 cells in my xxx-t, i have broken 2 cvd bones in half so far and have only ran it for less than 10 hours. top speed is about 36mph, if i could keep the wheels on the ground it would eccerate to its top speed very fast. www.maxxtraxxusa.com is a site that has vids of e-maxxes goining 60 mph on 1 motor. the c50 hacker motor for the e-maxx has 1300 watts 700 watts is 1 horsepower u do the math. the titans that come with the e-maxx are maybe 150 watts per motor 300 total, if you do the math the hacker motor is four times stronger than both titans combined. so tim shut up about things you know nothing about. to mastmec about your first post, you copyied that off trinity 's website, the only reason they say that is becuase they know nothing about brushless motor yet they have yet to receave the brushless motors from hacker. and there buisness is bein threatened. they prob make millions of dollars a year just selling springs, brushes, comm jrops and all that other crap u dont need for brushless motors. "Motors are Indestuctible: FALSE, brushless motors can still be susceptible to shorts due to faulty windings, debris entering the motor and heat. Magnets used on the rotor will demagnetize from use." life time warrenty visit the website i have listed. so it does 'nt matter if the magnets get demagnetize from use send in and get a new motor.
  15. brushless

brushless New Member

16. brushless

brushless New Member

17. mastmec

mastmec Member

Brushless, your the first to notice, I don't think many people actually read the mags for info, or their manual for that matter. Actually I was bored one day and typed the whole thing from the magazine artical. Mainly to see what kind of responces I could get from it, turned out pretty good I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.