Bronx Union Terminal Notice of Abandonment

JorgeC

Mar 5, 2007
New York
Bronx Union Terminal & Transportation Company-ABANDONMENT

Decided: September 13, 2007

Bronx Union Terminal & Transportation Company (BUTT) filed a notice of exemption under 49 CFR 1152 Subpart F-Exempt Abandonments to abandon and discontinue service over a 1-mile line of railroad at its Bronx Transfer yard, in Bronx County, NY.

In reality, I am moving to a smaller apartment and this railroad will not go out the door. So a smaller and better one will be built once I get settled in.

Have fun,
Jorge

JorgeC

Mar 5, 2007
New York
Hey Ralph dont worry, I will be posting some pics of the new layout on Sunday. I had already seen the writting on the wall and started work on the new layout while my girlfriend and I were looking for a new place. In this reincarnation the Bronx Union will service only one customer, a cement plant. The layout now measures 8ft long by 18 inches wide. It has come together quickly as I reused the same benchwork and switches. I'm at the point where I can begin the wiring and tracklaying with fresh Atlas flextrack. The cement plant will be the new Walthers Valley cement kit, with a scratchbuilt boilerhouse. The interesting twist is that the cement plant is isolated from the national network and is serviced via carfloat. I hope I can get this layout to the point where I had the other one quickly.

Have fun,
Jorge

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
well it sucks you had to move,but the small space i find makes for some very interesting answers to complicated problems.cant wait to see the new layout!--josh

Santa Fe Jack

Jul 20, 2006
Lost Almost, New Mexico
I don't know how you guys can live with having to leave layouts behind! I can't imagine building in a layout and having to destroy it or abandon it later. Ouch! Or -- is it just part of the hobby? You move on, do the next one better... I know that some of you make these layouts one after another. I am hoping that this first one, that has taken so much time, will be the last one! :)

JorgeC

Mar 5, 2007
New York
Yes I'm going to keep everybody posted like I did with the old layout. Santa Fe Jack your right a new layout will be better than the last as we can improve our new layouts from the mistakes that we have made on our old layouts, believe me I made a couple!:)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's good news Jorge! Looking forward to updates. But wait a minujte, a cement plant near a car float?! Who'd belive that!? :)

9-4-2007-02.jpg

Ralph