Britannia Steam Locomotive Progress Pics

prm57

hi i became a member yesterday and thought i would upload some progress pics of my britannia class locomotive (UK). it is made from card (allot of it cereal packets) and is about 4 foot long. i have 17 models in all each one took about a year. they are made to a scale of 20 to 1. some of them are matchsticks to the same scale and the largest has 35,000 matches in it. i will upload pics of some of the other models another day.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Tender 1.jpg
    Tender 1.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Tender 2.jpg
    Tender 2.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 58
  • x Complete 1.jpg
    x Complete 1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 64
  • x Complete 2.jpg
    x Complete 2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 68

silveroxide

Thanks for sharing, I love the detail work. While I have yet to delve into the rails section. I am a fanatic when it comes to detail workmanship. Yours are fantastic. By the way, I use any kind of card stock that will make my project work. Keep it up.

Chris74

That's a fantastic work, it deserves nothing less than lots of applause. What about the tender, does it have some real coal or not?
And once again: absolutely excellent work!:goldcup:

prm57

Hi thanks for that. Yes the tender does have real coal from a real preserved steam loco scaled to size with a hammer.

silveroxide

The more that I scrutinize the photos, the more I see, for instance, the riveting, how did you make them. That is one technique many around here would love to know how you did them. That part of your detailing would be very important to those of us who do Warhammer40 models.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
The more that I scrutinize the photos, the more I see, for instance, the riveting, how did you make them. .

I may stand to be corrected, but also after close scrutiny of the photos, I think those those rivet heads look like heads of pins ........
I think at this scale, heads of pins would be a perfect size ......

prm57

DBK is partly right as the rivets round the smokebox and some other parts are pins pushed through. this is not possible in allot of places so i use dobs of pva glue applied with a toothpick then left to dry. usually have to do this 3 or 4 times to build them up. looks quite realistic when painted.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is really some of the most grass roots, making something from nothing I have ever seen. I know of only one other person who does this to that extreme, that's Silveroxidee, and he is already posting in this thread! :)

Rogerio Silva

I'm no train fan, but your work has got my attention. :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: Did you say you recently subscribed to ZEALOT? Well, then, what a fine addition to our ranks you are, Sir! I bow to your fantastic, amazing models. :inw:
One thing makes me sad, though: since you're building those beauties from scratch, it means you won't have templates to share... :cry:
Keep up the fantastic work!