Brief Visit

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mountain Man, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Not much time on this computer, and a lot of eye strain, so this will be brief. I just dropped in to see how things were going, although I don't havecenopugh time to try and catch up on what I have missed.

My eye surgery went well, and surgery on the remaining eye will be on Thursday, so I have much to do. Once the second eye is out of the way, I will try to get back here and spend a little more time. In the mewantime, since my eyes are now one-at-distance-only and one-at-point-blank only, forgive my errors, if you will.

I had a military surgical team, an experience I will have to dewscribe to pass on the full flavor...think M*A*S*H with an attitude. :cool: Great team, though; I hope I have the same one the second time around.
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Glad you could check in! Must be weird to have vision not line up that way for a while. Best wishes for the next surgery and an easy recovery. Regards to Hawkeye and Trapper John! :)
    Ralph
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Thanks for updating us on your progress. I hope your next surgery is successful as well.:thumb::thumb:
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

As a follow-up to my retinal detachment, I had a lens replaced and I now have near-normal focus in one eye, with extreme short-sightedness in the other. Unfortunately, the retinal work has folds or scars in it and I don't have flat vision there.
    But I am now known as "Stares down lasers with both eyes open". :eek::cry::nope:
  5. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

MM, Glad to hear your process is going well. Gee, can you now model in Z and G at the same time ? Thanks for checking in...awaiting your triumphant return to the Gauge ! Bob C.
  6. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Best wishes, Mountain Man.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more - but rest those eyes up first.:thumb:

:wave:
  7. nachoman

nachoman Guest

Glad you stopped by. I am looking forward to having you back here full time. I think many here have missed your input and wit :)

Kevin
  8. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Likewise. Here's hoping your surgery is successful and your recovery is fast! :thumb::thumb:
  9. iis612

iis612 Member

Great to hear that your surgery went well. Best wishes for the next one.
    Matt
  10. Mountain Man

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I got out of surgery just a few hours ago and I'm now sitting around with bandages and a shield over my left eye, time on my hands and strict orders to pretty much do nothing, so my thoughts turned to the Gauge. As long as I don't lift over 5 pounds typing this, apparently it's allowed. :cool:

According to my surgeon, all went very well, in fact, easier than the right eye. The final verdict, of course, will be rendered tomorrow when the bandages come off, but I have every reason to be optimistic. Besides, I had an omen - while sitting and waiting to be released, the Histroy International Channel ran another documentary on "Steam Giants"! That has to be positive sign of good things to come. :thumb:
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great news!!!! Let us know tomorrow how it goes! :D Best of Luck!!! We'll be sending prayers your way!!!!!
  12. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

Excellent !! Hope you'l be reading this sharp and clear, with two perfect peepers !!! Bob C.
  13. Mountain Man

so far so good, but my wife thinks my reading glasses make me look like a really bad version of John Lennon! :mrgreen:
  14. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Well, all we are saying, is: "Give your peepers a chance!" :mrgreen:

I can see the difference between your most recent post
    and the last one. Either your sight's a lot better,
    or you've just invented
    the world's best grammar and spelling checker. :mrgreen:

Great news! :thumb:

Best wishes.

15. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Glad to hear that you're recovering well!

Regards
  16. Mountain Man

Naw....mah spulling jest done git beter...:p
  17. logicman

logicman Greybeard

ROFLMAO

sign1sign1sign1

Nice one MM !