Bridges

Petervan

I have gotten so far with my layout that I am thinking of expanding. On the explanation I am thinking of one or more timber bridges. Does any one have any plains in HO or N-Scale. Maybe some pic's to give me an idea on how I am going plase it.

Thank you
Peter

Biased turkey

I was thinking about a trestle bridge for my layout ( Germany 1930 layout ) until I noticed that wooden bridges are very rare in Europe.
I purchased the book" N scale model railroading, getting started in the hobby )
and the author Marty McGuirk is using an N Scale timber trestle bridge from Blair line bridge Co. item # 67 timber trestle.
I hope this helps.
B.T. Eh

Cadillac_SD9

bridge kits

Here are a couple of kits i pick up at a train show. they are lazer eched wood and easy to build but they loy boy bridges meanning they sit low to the ground so that may be a problem.go to this web page www.barmillsmodels.com. hope i could be a help.

Petervan

I am sorry.:rolleyes: I am looking build the bridges/Trestles from scatch. so I am asking where I may get so plans or pictures to work from. My layout is a multi-level so when expand I can plan to it go from one mound to an other. If anyone seen my layout pictures you will see what I mean.:) train97

jasbourre

The Model Railroader's Guide to Bridges, Trestles & Tunnels (Model Railroader's Guide To...)
by Jeff Wilson

0890245967.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Amazon.com has it for $12.91 in the used section.

pnolan48

I'm not sure what you're looking for. I've built a number of long-span bridges. These are truss bridges of about 300-500 feet between footings. The deck on these bridges is under the arch. If you're looking for a trestle construction to span a canyon, that's a completely different bridge architecture.

L

lester perry

Hello Peter, I see you took my advice on finding out about bridges. Hope you find what you are looking for. The book availible from Amazon looks interesting.
Les

pnolan48

Interesting. This is a test post with an image of three of my bridges. It worked once, but then disappeared when I tried to edit it. Let's try again.

1509InstalledLow.jpg

Sorry, I now have a duplicate post. I'm a newbie, so please have patience.

wickman

here's a template I've used for many bridges you can ignore the arch and make it a low rail bridge as well
I have this in a printable pdf file as well that I simply print out as needed and use drops of white glue to tack my timber right to the drawn lines ...works great. Let me know if you'd like the pdf I'd have to email it to you I don't think there's any other way of sharing it unless someone has an idea.:wave:
You can also email me to wicksofart2@shaw.ca and I'd be happy to send you the pdf template.

Petervan

:) For a new be the brigdes look graet. I have a small layout so far. My pictures are on www.photobucket.com Album name petervan999 please feel free to view them. I will be adding 4' X 4' area to the layout.