Bridge pics wanted...Please :-)

aartwmich

Hiya folks,

If anyone has any bridge pics from thier layouts that they could easily find and post in this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going blind scrolling thru threads after searching the forum for 'bridge'...lol

Any kind of bridge will do, any kind at all. Maybe this thread could become the 'bridge library' for future searchers.

Thanks in advance to all who participate! :)

shamus

Registered Member
Here's my scratchbuilt trestle bridge.

fox09a.jpg

Shamus
wink.gif

rockislandmike

Scoob, I still think that's one of my fave shots ever on The Gauge.......

I had a closer one of the Shane & Bailey, but it got lost in the most recent website revision . . . . .

20020802d.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
This is a picture of the only bridge on my layout(so far), its a plate girder with a ballasted deck.
Micro-Engineering makes it, if thats any help.

Attachments

• consolodation.jpg
    consolodation.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 497

alex_mrrkb

Originally posted by alex_mrrkb
And here's an N scale plate girder made by Atlas, kitbashed to become a "diesel service" bridge :)

Sorry, forgot to attach the file :)

Attachments

• dsc00006.jpg
    dsc00006.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 484

aartwmich

:eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek:

Thank you, thank you everyone!! What a great response so far, I think we may just have a 'bridge library' WELL underway here!

My brains running full speed with ideas now! Thanks again and come on the rest of you..."put up your bridge pics!!"

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
aartwmich,
Here is a pair of vertical lift bridges, a pair of deck truss bridges, and a steel arch bridge.

Attachments

• bridges.jpg
    bridges.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 454

Clerk

Here is my trestle. Not very good photo because of cheap camara.

Attachments

• trestle-2.jpg
    trestle-2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 431

Drew1125

Here's Another One (N Scale)

I cut the plate girders off of one of those little Atlas bridges, glued them to a piece of flex-track, added gaurdf timbers & stringers made from strip styrene, & made the masonary piers from sheet styrene, covered with H&R stone sheet. I also glued an HO( box girder between the plate girders to give it a "bottom", for those "prying eyes"...:D

Attachments

• mvc-016f.jpg
    mvc-016f.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 482

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Those are some great pics! Wonderful work everybody!!! I'd love to see along tain pass through those three bridge Marty! Terrific work, you scratchbuilders!!

Pete, would you be willing to take a few more shots of the vertical lift bridges from different angles? Did you kitbash this structure?
Ralph

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Ralph,
Each vertical lift is:
1- Atlas through truss bridge.
4- Atlas HO pier girders
8- Atlas N pier girders
8- Grandt line 43" cable sheaves ( for the lift)
2- Virnex industries pumps ( lift motors)
2- pieces balsa block ( counterweights)
several lengths of Plastruc "I" beam
some scrap styrene sheet
about 8' of 00 ("two ought") deknatel surgical silk ( lift cables )
about a pound and a half of inventive imagination, and a whole lot of gleeful hacking with a razor saw!
Pete

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks for the parts list Pete! I might make one for a road that goes off the layout over a river...Actually I'll only be modeling one half of it since its close to the layout edge. Thanks for the inspiration!
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Here's a couple of prototype bridges:

Attachments

• comobridge.jpg
    comobridge.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 336