bricks

Cactus

I probably just reinvented the wheel, but here goes. I'm just beginning the scratchbuilding business.

I built this structure from balsa wood, but wanted it to be brick. Adobe Illustrator has a brick texture as a standard feature. I filled a rectangle with the texture, imported it to Photoshop and printed it on inkjet photo paper at a reduced size (to make the bricks the right size). I had to do the Photoshop import because I haven't figured out how to make Illlustrator reduce the size of the bricks.

A spray with Dullcote keeps it from being shiny.

Now, if I can find a stone texture....

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 251
C

Catt

I think thats the fun part of kit bashing scratchbuilding (reinventing the wheel that is :D )

Nuther part is after you've reinvented it is telling how you did it so others can learn then do their own reinventing.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great strucure Cactus. What kind of glue did you use to attach the paper to the building?

Cactus

Thanks for the link, Rich. I'll take a look.

I glued the bricks on with rubber cement. I expect that it won't be permanent, but it's what I had at the time. I needed something that wasn't water based because the bricks are from an ink jet printer.