Brick Paper

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Woodie, I was just thinking that you mentioned using gray pvc pipe. If you painted the concrete directly on the pvc without priming, you may find that the paint will come off when rubbed or scratched. If so, it is because the pvc really needs to be cleaned and primed prior to painting.

Gary

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Woodie,
Yes, the rubber cement is thick gooey stuff, clear. At least in the States, it usually comes in bottles or cans with a screw cap, and a brush built into the cap.
You "paint" it on the back of the brick paper. When it dries, it winds up a fairly thin coating.
By the way, some spray adhesives I've seen can be used in the same way --- ie. pulling the paper out from between the two parts, burnishing as you go.
Bill S

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Gary,
I gave the PVC a good sanding with fine wet/dry emery paper first to remove and marks, burrs etc. Painted the Floquil Aged Concrete straight onto the PVC. It's dry now, and tried to scratch it off, and nope. It seems fine. (gotta give it a 2nd coat yet).

Bill,

hmmm.... the rubber cement I know comes in a tube, is sorta fawn/beige in colour and very rubbery and globby. Used for sticking shoes soles and heels back together. Must be talking about different stuff. I'll check my local hardware store. Still ain't used the spray adhesive yet.